#16 OU @ #17 osu 8pm CST on ESPN

Five point lead, momentum on our side, seven minutes left, and Manek misses a wide open three. They scored nine straight immediately thereafter. Multiple bad decisions down the stretch, and with all that, Brady had a wide open three to tie in the last half minute after a great play design following a timeout. Was hoping the first half would signal Brady’s return but he came up small in the second half and obviously was worked by Boone on the other end.

Harkless has really come back to earth offensively. He played Cade about as well as anyone could defensively, but we need him to be much better offensively. As I posted during the game, his decision making was poor all night, with the three on one being the killer. Reaves obviously made a bad play the next possession, but that was a result of OSU doing a good job taking away the primary read and Austin getting stuck in between. All those plays add up and we have not made them down the stretch in the past three games.

Lol great observation. I’m sure he would love your input seeing as how you don’t even know whether we have played Kur and Manek together often this season. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but maybe you should actually watch the team play on a consistent basis before making inaccurate observations.

Screw u dude. How many bunnies did they have cause of our hard hedges? Your right, i dont get to watch every game. You dont know what i do for a living. Guess i cant make an observation on the last 2 games ive watched.

Well he does flop a lot when he’s dribbling and he flails his arms and snaps his head back like he’s been shot by a sniper, but that one they called was iffy.

Haha spot on! He acts like he got mugged in a dark alley which doesn’t play well with officials..... and a die hard fan like myself.

So if we beat ut... long shot.

The best we can do is 5th. Pokes have tie breaker if they lose next two..

We’ll see.

Boomer

Haha spot on! He acts like he got mugged in a dark alley which doesn’t play well with officials..... and a die hard fan like myself.

I hate it when James Harden does it and I hate it when our guy does it.

Well he does flop a lot when he’s dribbling and he flails his arms and snaps his head back like he’s been shot by a sniper, but that one they called was iffy.

I had to laugh... nice description. My point... refs are tired of the crap..especially in this league.

is Lon just building a roster of guards?

Look at who we’ve offered for 2022.

14 kids... 3 post players. 2 PF 1 C.

Our recruiting...
looking on OUinsider...

got 14 offers out to kids for 2022

2-5*
6-4*
4-3*
2-0*

3 PG
4 SG
3 SF
2 PF
1 C
1 CG

1 committed to Ohio state
1 committed to Arkansas

5 are from Tx, 1 from Sunrise in Wichita

Lots of mistakes on offense that cost us. But I am also very concerned about our interior D. We don’t seem to have that big who can stop the drive while still guarding his guy. Manek fought courageously down low but if he had to help they got the put back most of the time. Not sure if Kuath would have been better or not but turned out we didn’t get the big bucket from Manek. Kuath gives us the lob opportunity on drives and better offensive rebound chances but we lose offense overall. And he makes his share of mistakes on D as well.

I dunno the right answer for sure but I think it is to stop making stupid mistakes on offense. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OSU got 50 points from 2nd year or younger guys not including Cunningham.

We got....14 from Harmon and then absolutely nothing from Hill, Vic, Phipps etc.

Our veteran team got worked by a really young team. Twice. Without one of their veteran starters.

So at least it also looks bleak for the future as well.

So if we beat ut... long shot.

The best we can do is 5th. Pokes have tie breaker if they lose next two..

We’ll see.

Boomer

Incorrect. Tiebreaker won’t come into play with OSU in any scenario because they will play 18 games and we will play 17. If they lose their last two and we beat Texas, we will finish ahead of them. I don’t have any idea whether any of that will happen but the point is, we can’t end up tied with them.

I figured our record might be a little better because of non con... the ranking is “inflated” a bit due to this weird season... several blue bloods not playing well...unc/duke/uk. All my own take obviously.

If we can win 1 or two in the b12. Win 1 or 2 in ncaa it’ll be a “success” with this late season meltdown.

Don’t see next yr any better. Losing 2 post guys (manek and Kur) no matter how “bad” they are the only ones worth a crap in the post snd getting 2 guards.

Then looking at 2022 doesn’t look anymore promising.

I’ve resigned the fact bball is what it is.

Incorrect. Tiebreaker won’t come into play with OSU in any scenario because they will play 18 games and we will play 17. If they lose their last two and we beat Texas, we will finish ahead of them. I don’t have any idea whether any of that will happen but the point is, we can’t end up tied with them.

My bad... yup.

It’s on %?

Us 10/7 (if we beat ut)
Them 10/8 (if they lose both)

Wouldn’t that suck... lol. I know I’d be *****ing... especially since we didn’t play the #1 team twice

Austin had 19 points (3-6 from three), 7 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal, a block and 2 turnovers.

What do you see wrong with those stats? Let me guess. The only thing you remember is the turnover he had in the final seconds, one of only two I might add. You’re right, that was a costly turnover. But you should be ashamed of yourself for blaming Reaves for this loss or criticizing him for the way he played tonight. If that makes me an apologist, so be it.
Haha really?? The only thing you must remember is the turnover at the end of the game. You should be ashamed of yourself for hiding your head in the sand at how many times he flopped like he was mugged in a back alley. As you can tell most people here are tired of the act of Reaves. Go ahead and justify his stat sheet in your mind but look at how many times he has cost us in big possessions. Haha cannot get over you said I should be ashamed. You clearly drink the Reaves koolaide. Remember when he was out with the COVID and how we did??

Last edited:
Haha really?? The only thing you must remember is the turnover at the end of the game. You should be ashamed of yourself for hiding your head in the sand at how many times he flopped like he was mugged in a back alley. As you can tell most people here are tired of the act of Reaves. Go ahead and justify his stat sheet in your mind but look at how many times he has cost us in big possessions Haha cannot get over you said I should be ashamed. You clearly drink the Reaves koolaide. Remember when he was out with the COVID and how we did??

Dude just chill. Yeah, Reaves is the worst player ever. You're right.. yay...??

We are what we are
Solid but middle of the pack in the conference
Like much of the past 10 years

I think no differently of this team now than I did a month ago
Close wins/losses tend to even out

I didn't think the Reaves turnover was that bad... Someone was supposed to cut, it got well defended, and he was going to get called for a walk.

Looked worse than it was. He got back and stopped a dunk as well

Haha really?? The only thing you must remember is the turnover at the end of the game. You should be ashamed of yourself for hiding your head in the sand at how many times he flopped like he was mugged in a back alley. As you can tell most people here are tired of the act of Reaves. Go ahead and justify his stat sheet in your mind but look at how many times he has cost us in big possessions. Haha cannot get over you said I should be ashamed. You clearly drink the Reaves koolaide. Remember when he was out with the COVID and how we did??

Uh we went 1-1 without him and played our worst offensive game of the year. I guess the question is, do you remember? Also he didn’t have Covid but why would I expect you to let a little detail like that get in the way.

Back