2010 C Aziz Ndiaye, 7-0 , 240

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
According to a recent scout article, Coach Capel has offered along with Oregon State, Washington, and Colorado. Duke is bringing him in for a visit on Feb 14 (tentative).

Liked this quote about him by his head coach to Scout's Dave Telep:

If he’s available then we’re 16-0 right now,” Gosar said. “He’s a difference maker at our level that nobody has because he’s got good hands and there aren’t guys like him at this level.

“He’s looking pretty good right now and I’d be shocked if there’s a better (JC big man) now. He’s a little different than most African bigs. He’s got a feel, he’s really aggressive and for a 7-footer he’s pretty skilled.”

The article also said that Ndiaye injured his knee last spring, and though he is not able to play this year, is now working out.

Last edited:
How is he athletic wise and ability to get up the court wise?

How is he athletic wise and ability to get up the court wise?

Hard to say anytime somebody comes off of a knee injury. But I like the fact that Washington and Duke are looking at him. Sounds like he has some skill around the basket and a good set of hands.

I say sign him up!

Can our current big men do this?

aziz-ndiaye.jpg

Gives off the vibe as being pretty athletic and not stiff-like...

051db87912e0bf048fef65ed8683e715.jpg

Standard mug shot.....

pic.php

get_image

Capel vs. Coach K?

The big guy won’t be back.

College of Southern Idaho center Aziz N’diaye did not receive medical clearance Tuesday to return to action and will miss all of the 2009-10 basketball season after suffering a torn ACL in his right knee last May.

N’diaye, a 7-foot-1 center from Dakar, Senegal, had surgery in June and had hoped to return to action for the final half of the season. He visited Dr. Thomas Rosenburg in Utah on Tuesday, but was told he needed more time to ensure the knee is fully healthy.

“Right now, it’s still just not stable enough in (Rosenburg’s) mind for 5-on-5 action,” said CSI head coach Steve Gosar.

The news didn’t come as a surprise to N’diaye.

“I had to be honest with myself,” he said after practice Tuesday. “I knew I wasn’t ready yet.”

N’diaye said doctors told him there’s a good chance he could reinjure the knee by coming back now. The ligament in his knee is only 50-percent healed, while the muscles are at 80 percent, he said. N’diaye will continue physical therapy in the coming months and said he is cleared to take part in individual drills. He is on course to graduate from CSI in April, which is when he plans to sign with one of the many top-tier NCAA Division I programs recruiting him, a list that includes Duke and Oklahoma.

N’diaye averaged 8.5 points and 7.9 rebounds as a freshman and was expected to be one of the top JUCO centers in the nation this season. But with this season turning into a medical redshirt year, he’ll have three seasons of eligibility remaining.

“I’m looking for the future,” he said.

While his long-term career is on his mind, N’diaye added, “I’m still a part of this team and I’ll be there with them all the way to the end.”

The Golden Eagles (17-11) play at home Thursday for the first time since Nov. 28, hosting Eastern Utah in a 7:30 p.m. tip.

http://www.magicvalley.com/sports/local/article_6476cbaf-1456-5724-bb50-71fcaeb8c3c1.html

Absolutely. We could use that size down low. Didn't see it listed. How many blocked shots is he averaging. With that size he has to be averaging a few.

Yep. Sign him up. Tell him the story about Longar Longar. Capel really developed and used Longar.

Anybody got some info on his wingspan? Seems like it is a little more than his height judging on the pictures 23 posted and it would be interesting to see. If he is a true shot blocker I would kill to have him on our roster as this season our best shot blocker is a 6'6 shooting guard playing the 4.

Need some size like this...hope that knee heals. Does this mean he has 3 years of eligibility left?

CSI pulls in some major talent for JUCO.

What kind of body language does he have?

Need some size like this...hope that knee heals. Does this mean he has 3 years of eligibility left?

CSI pulls in some major talent for JUCO.

Yeah, according that article above it said he has three years of eligibility.

Yep. Sign him up. Tell him the story about Longar Longar. Capel really developed and used Longar.

Capel really did help develop Longar. It seemed like the guy came out of his shell and started playing with more confidence.

It would be amazing to get a guy with this kind of size to help out on the boards and blocking shots.

Just think if Capel can sign him and he is on the floor next year, then Tiny can play the 2 Guard:woot

This kid would be a huge get for us...He looks alittle skinny but man him and tiny can help each others game so much! Tiny can push him around and make him be a strong player, while he can try and block tinys shot making him use to playing guys taller than him

Back