'24 NCAA Tourney Discussion Thread

Would start tampering with Tristan Da Silva on Colorado to get him to come as a grad transfer.

Fucc you Colorado. I wanted, er needed, Boise to win, lol.

Anyway...

WE HAVE A FULL SLATE TODAY.

Still sucks OU is out.

Cheering against: FAU, Michigan State, Texas (duh), Kentucky, & Kansas.

I find it humorous that after watching Virginia, Boise, CSU, Colorado, etc that the folks on here claim that OU would beat all those teams... Yet, OU was barely surviving against the worst teams in the league such as OSU (barely won both), Cincy (barely won both), got smoked by UCF, etc. OU could beat those teams, sure, but its not some sort of gimme for OU to beat 25 win teams. They were barely beating 12 win teams.

I find it humorous that after watching Virginia, Boise, CSU, Colorado, etc that the folks on here claim that OU would beat all those teams... Yet, OU was barely surviving against the worst teams in the league such as OSU (barely won both), Cincy (barely won both), got smoked by UCF, etc. OU could beat those teams, sure, but its not some sort of gimme for OU to beat 25 win teams. They were barely beating 12 win teams.
osu and Cincy would probably beat those teams as well. Outside of Colorado, none of them belonged in the tourney. So, yeah, OU would probably beat them.

This is way too rational a take. :) Like you say, we absolutely could beat those teams. We also absolutely could lose to any of them. The margin between all of the above teams, including OU, is razor thin. And our 2-11 record against tournament teams makes me think we would be doing well to finish .500 against the 10 and 11 seeds.

If you watched Virginia and you don't think that OU would win that game 9 out of 10 times, your weed dealer must be a very successful business man.

Edit to add: OU had 5 games of 80+ pts, 6 games of 70+ pts, 6 games of 60+ pts, 1 game of 50+ and 1 game of 40+. If you didn't watch the play-in games, that is okay too.

This is way too rational a take. :) Like you say, we absolutely could beat those teams. We also absolutely could lose to any of them. The margin between all of the above teams, including OU, is razor thin. And our 2-11 record against tournament teams makes me think we would be doing well to finish .500 against the 10 and 11 seeds.
Eye test.

Watched the games, OU would have beaten those teams, most times.

Disagree.

*Cites WTSooner eye-test as reason*
We literally didn't win ONE game against a team of that caliber on the road or a neutral site, but sure, OU definitely would have kicked their butts.

Some of you all live in LaLa Land and it's quite humorous.

You beat me to it.

I didn't wake up looking for confrontation, but you have to look at who is making that comment and liking that post. It's the clown posse that wants to defend Moser and the OU program regardless of what reality is.

I'll say it again, OU didn't win ONE single game this year on the road or at a neutral site against a team of that caliber. So no, I won't conceded that OU would win that game 9 times out of 10. That comment is one of the dumbest I've read on this board in some time, and I've read some dumb ones.

If you watched Virginia and you don't think that OU would win that game 9 out of 10 times, your weed dealer must be a very successful business man.

Edit to add: OU had 5 games of 80+ pts, 6 games of 70+ pts, 6 games of 60+ pts, 1 game of 50+ and 1 game of 40+. If you didn't watch the play-in games, that is okay too.
Ken Pom has UVA as the #7 defense this year.

List the points OU scored against Ken Pom top 15/25 defenses on the road or at neutral site games. I'll wait.

List the points OU scored against Ken Pom top 15/25 defenses on the road or at neutral site games. I'll wait.
I'll do the work for you:

North Carolina (neutral) - 69
@ISU - 45
@KU - 66
@UCF - 63
@Cincy - 69

We'd have likely scored 60-65 at most. UVA would have scored more than they did against CSU.
OU was certainly capable of scoring in th 40's or 50.

Poor way to evaluate "games". UVA had an off night offensively. Doesn't mean they'd have done the same against OU, and doesn't mean they shouldn't have been there. That's like saying in some of those NC games that OU football lost convincingly, we shouldn't have been there. We earned that right.

UVA is the one team that got in that I think OU had a case against, but I also think St. John's and Indiana State should have been in before us to.

Keep whining though.

Tell me you didn't watch any UVA this year...I'll wait.

Also, I am tired of grabbing stats for you, prove me wrong but do the work.
OU beats UVA 9 times out of 10 and you will not be able to convince me otherwise.

Can't believe you cited KenPom...what have I done to you!? (in all seriousness, thank you for citing KP)

You beat me to it.

I didn't wake up looking for confrontation, but you have to look at who is making that comment and liking that post. It's the clown posse that wants to defend Moser and the OU program regardless of what reality is.

I'll say it again, OU didn't win ONE single game this year on the road or at a neutral site against a team of that caliber. So no, I won't conceded that OU would win that game 9 times out of 10. That comment is one of the dumbest I've read on this board in some time, and I've read some dumb ones.
likes and comments, you mean majority of the board members?

Say it again though. team of caliber is relative, you keep making subjective comments seem like fact, and they are not. Very general personal statements do not count as facts. We need to establish what "caliber" is and not in the WTSooner mainframe.

" That comment is one of the dumbest I've read on this board in some time, and I've read some dumb ones." you dont re-read your posts?

I'll do the work for you:

North Carolina (neutral) - 69
@ISU - 45
@KU - 66
@UCF - 63
@Cincy - 69

We'd have likely scored 60-65 at most. UVA would have scored more than they did against CSU.
OU was certainly capable of scoring in th 40's or 50.

Poor way to evaluate "games". UVA had an off night offensively. Doesn't mean they'd have done the same against OU, and doesn't mean they shouldn't have been there. That's like saying in some of those NC games that OU football lost convincingly, we shouldn't have been there. We earned that right.

UVA is the one team that got in that I think OU had a case against, but I also think St. John's and Indiana State should have been in before us to.

Keep whining though.
Missed @KSU - 73

OU has scored 40/50 only twice this year. Both with injuries in the lineup. OU is scoring 60+

Let's ask it this way, how many times, in your opinion does OU win/lose vs Virginia in 10 games?

Love how you only choose KP to fit your one narrative statement:
Here is one for you...UVA, currently 73rd in KenPom overall (selectively saying they are the 7th ranked defensive efficiency and not showing they are ranked 211th in offensive efficiency)

Edit: OU is the 49th offense and 34th defense.

Last edited:
Back