3 things about tonight's game.

Reaction score
Jeff Capel has found Tiny's lost weight.;) We have a lot of shooters. I love me some Mr. Pledge!

I know its only an exhibition game but Fitzgerald played very well, Mason-Griffin showed his shot made a few poor passes and also had a few teamates fumble away what would of been great assists.

Agree we have some really good shooters...Holy cow...I can't remember a Sooners team that had so many shooters, and yes Pledger could be a star...He kind of reminds me of the kid who transferred to Minnesota a few years ago (I can't remember his name) he even has the same body type...

1. We need to rebound better

2. The freshmen are legit

3. We are very dangerous from deep

Mackinzie couldn't (or wouldn't )play defense - much like his much hearlded teammate. Bird is bigger and did play defense.

Exactly spot on! The strong play under the bucket will hurt us some. No dunks! Columbia had at least 1 I know. Will miss the jams by the Griffin boys. Showed promise. Ryan Wright is not much better but competes well. Tiny will have to figure out his role. I am not sure how to play him either. We will need him to get a ton of rebounds and putbacks. Very pleased with Fitz.

RW played very good defense and rebounded well. He only took two shots I believe. I get the feeling he knows his role and does a better job filling it than what a lot of us perceive. This team will be more of a group rebounding team with bigger, better rebounding guards. CD also played well on defense tonight.....he was maybe the most consistent player on the court for us. It's just an exhibition game though. Let's see how things look after 3-4 real games.

Cade Davis had probably the most impressive stat line of the whole team:

18 Min....10 PTS....4/4 FG's....2/2 3FG....1 RB....3 ST....0 TO's....1 PF

Pretty good I'd say.

There was definitely some bright spots tonight. The 3 point shooting and the freshman were great.

As far as lack of rebounding/big men.. Orlando Allen and Kyle Hardrick didn't suit up, are they expected to contribute significantly underneath?

This team reminds me of the Villinova teams of late. Definitely not as good as those Villinova teams, but seem to be the same style of team. Not much in the way of height, but quick and athletic.

Back