A Lamb tidbit

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
Seems as though Kentucky may be deciding on some other options instead of Doron. They have Brandon Knight and Stacey Poole coming to town this weekend, and the word is that Cal is telling Lamb that he needs to commit this week if he wants to be a Cat.

Evan Daniels of Scout had this to say about his recruitment:

I'd be shocked if Lamb committed this week. Further more, I think Arizona, Oklahoma and Kansas may be in front for Lamb.

Source Link

If we got Lamb I would be excited about this class no matter what. It could end up a lot like the 2008 class with Willie Warren.

Warren - Lamb (5 star studs)
Willis - Taylor (3-4 star guards)
Pattillo - Olukemi (juco small forward)
Allen - Goff/Asprilla (juco big body)
Cannon - ?

Of course I'm sure we would all like it to be more like the 2009 class but if we have one guy like Lamb, Warren, Tiny, Griffin every year we will be in good shape.

People should feel good about our chances with Lamb. From what I have been hearing, Tiny is doing a great job selling OU, and Coach Capel has hit it off really well with Doron.

People should feel good about our chances with Lamb. From what I have been hearing, Tiny is doing a great job selling OU, and Coach Capel has hit it off really well with Doron.

I like to see Tiny doing work. Keep it up Tiny! Lead him in so that Capel can catch him!

I really liked what I saw in Lamb when I watched Oak Hill play on television last season. I found myself wishing OU would try to sign him, long before he emerged as a prospect. Great news that we have a legitimate shot, BT!

I have been saying for a long while now: something tells me not to give up on Doron Lamb.

I stand by that. Maybe he comes, maybe not, but I still get the feeling he will be a Sooner when all is said and done.

If we got Lamb I would be excited about this class no matter what. It could end up a lot like the 2008 class with Willie Warren.

Warren - Lamb (5 star studs)
Willis - Taylor (3-4 star guards)
Pattillo - Olukemi (juco small forward)
Allen - Goff/Asprilla (juco big body)
Cannon - ?

Of course I'm sure we would all like it to be more like the 2009 class but if we have one guy like Lamb, Warren, Tiny, Griffin every year we will be in good shape.

Ny York Gaugcho's vs Boo Williams

These two teams went head to head...Pledger guarded Lamb, and Lamb guarded Pledger...

Pledger 22points on 8 of 10 shots, and 4 for 6 from the 3point line
Lamb 15 points on 6 of 16 shots, and 1 for 6 from the 3point line...Just something I found online

Attachments

• Box Score Bwsl vs. Gauchos.jpg
    Box Score Bwsl vs. Gauchos.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
What I make of that is that Pledger is a steal. He is listed as a 3-star player most places but could easily be a 4-star like Lamb and many others.

I don't think Pledger will have much impact this year because of Tony, WW, Cade, etc but I think he may have a HUGE soph year and a great career.

Seems as though Kentucky may be deciding on some other options instead of Doron. They have Brandon Knight and Stacey Poole coming to town this weekend, and the word is that Cal is telling Lamb that he needs to commit this week if he wants to be a Cat.

Evan Daniels of Scout had this to say about his recruitment:

Source Link

Looks as if Capel has an inhome with Lamb on tuesday. Self visited the gym and has an inhome scheduled as well.
looks as if they are showing more interest in Poole as opposed to Lamb. I would love to have a class with Lamb, Clark, Releford, and TJ. We could get Juco supremes for the rest and I'll be tickled pink.

What I make of that is that Pledger is a steal. He is listed as a 3-star player most places but could easily be a 4-star like Lamb and many others.

I don't think Pledger will have much impact this year because of Tony, WW, Cade, etc but I think he may have a HUGE soph year and a great career.

This is exactly how I see it, Capelfan! Except I do see a chance that he could make a greater impact on the team this year than one might think. I don't know if that will happen, but I get this feeling it might. Call it a hunch... haha

And Sharp, thank you for providing that info! It is very interesting to see a match up like that, and for Steven to do so well in it! Keep making your great contributions!

Guys the catalyst of this all is Tiny. Doron also likes Coach Capel and Coach O. Don't be surprised if kid is a SOONER soon. ku is our competition. I really think it will be between us and them. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

Back