A look at our schedule next year

Nice detective work, BT. Katz had Gonzaga at #20 in his poll. Not sure where Gottlieb had them.

Arkansas will also be tough if Washington comes back. They'll have one hell of a defensive front line with him and Glenn Bryant. They also have Fortson and Clarke back.

Wasn't Utah OU's highest RPI win going into the tournament this year?

They were. They really helped us. RPI may be more important to us next year than it was last year. RPI basically got us into the tounrey 2 years ago.

I really hope that we have one more decent game at home next year besides Arizona and Arkansas.

We are also slated to go play up in Alaska, but I don't know which other teams are going to be there.

I really hope that we have one more decent game at home next year besides Arizona and Arkansas.

We are also slated to go play up in Alaska, but I don't know which other teams are going to be there.

Got to get out of that one...

Got to get out of that one...

I don't think so. That would mean that we wouldn't play as many games as other teams that are playing in the preseason tourneys/invitationals. You need all the wins you can get to pad that resume. Even beating a team like San Diego St on a neutral floor is better than nothing.

I don't think so. That would mean that we wouldn't play as many games as other teams that are playing in the preseason tourneys/invitationals. You need all the wins you can get to pad that resume. Even beating a team like San Diego St on a neutral floor is better than nothing.

In my opinion that is the only advantage...taking a young team up to Alaska to play a bunch of mid-major schools which will be gunning for an upset, hardly sounds like a trip Capel wants to make. Now, if this was 5 years ago, sure let's go, the GAS is not even a glimmer of what it was. There was an article last year about it's decline, wish I could find it.

The extra games will be nice, I just think the negatives outweigh the positive. But that's just me.

Nobody wants to play in that tournament anymore.. I would rather OU play some regional teams (TCU, SMU, CSU, Oral Roberts, Tulsa) then waste their time in Alaska. At least the fans could watch the team play against these teams.

Last edited:
We're going to Alaska? Don't use fake ID's to get into bars, kiddos.

Nobody wants to play in that tournament anymore.. I would rather OU play some regional teams (TCU, SMU, CSU, Oral Roberts, Tulsa) then waste their time in Alaska. At least the fans could watch the team play against these teams.

I bet we already are playing TCU or SMU next year. I am not sure why we aren't playing Tulsa, but I would rather play a San Diego State than freakin Oral Roberts.

Oral Roberts does nothing for our RPI or SOS.

I bet we already are playing TCU or SMU next year. I am not sure why we aren't playing Tulsa, but I would rather play a San Diego State than freakin Oral Roberts.

Oral Roberts does nothing for our RPI or SOS.

Yea, but why do you have to go to Alaska to play San Diego State? Just call them up and schedule a game somewhere, no need to go to some joke tournament that won't even be around much longer.

Yea, but why do you have to go to Alaska to play San Diego State? Just call them up and schedule a game somewhere, no need to go to some joke tournament that won't even be around much longer.

It equals us being able to play more games. I am not exactly jumping up and down with excitement, but I want to play as many games as possible. Those tournaments allow you to schedule more games than normal.

It equals us being able to play more games. I am not exactly jumping up and down with excitement, but I want to play as many games as possible. Those tournaments allow you to schedule more games than normal.

What is the maximum amount of games you can schedule?

I just spent about 30 minutes on google looking for info on the Great Alaska Shootout and couldn't find anything about who else is in the field. The field they had last year was a joke (Alaska-Anchorage, San Diego State, Hampton, Louisiana Tech, Northern Illinois, Portland State and Seattle).

Hopefully we can get a game against at least one named team out of that deal. You gotta believe Capel wouldn't have agreed to go up there if there wasn't at least some decent competition.

I just spent about 30 minutes on google looking for info on the Great Alaska Shootout and couldn't find anything about who else is in the field. The field they had last year was a joke (Alaska-Anchorage, San Diego State, Hampton, Louisiana Tech, Northern Illinois, Portland State and Seattle).

Hopefully we can get a game against at least one named team out of that deal. You gotta believe Capel wouldn't have agreed to go up there if there wasn't at least some decent competition.

I trust the source that I got the info from, but I can't for the life of me imagine who we would play up there. :confused:

I am really interested to see who we have for the All-College. We are the premier game, so I hope it is against power conference school.

The schedule is shaping up pretty nicely so far:

Arizona
@ Gonzaga (Seattle)
@ VCU (Richmond)
Arkansas
@ Utah

I hope we play another game in Houston and I hope that we have another decent team coming to the LNC.

Back