A look at our schedule next year

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
Big 12 North foes:

@KU (ouch)
@Neb
@CU

For whatever reason we have really struggled winning in Lincoln and Boulder. I don't think we are going to win at the Phog, so I hope that we are able to win the other two (or at least the CU game)

MU
ISU
KSU

We should be able to win the other three at home. I am thankful that we have all three of these teams at home as they would all be tough to beat on the road.

The nonconference schedule:

We have the premier game at the all-college, so I hope we get somebody like a Pitt, Tenn, or another major conference tourney team.

- We play Arkansas at home (hopefully they will have a better season than last year).

-We play VCU at a "neutral" site near their campus (Richmond).

-I think we play Gonzaga at a "neutral" site in Washington (seattle)

- No TU on the schedule next year

- I think we play another game in Houston (UH maybe?)

- I had heard that we were working on a home and home with an SEC school (Ole Miss).

- Arizona in the Pac 10/Big 12 Challenge.

- @ Utah

Anyone else know anything like which preseason tournament we are playing in or anything else? As you can tell, I hate waiting until August to find out. lol

Last edited:
If we are in any preseason tournaments, I haven't heard about it. A cursory look at the web sites of all the tournaments doesn't show anything. The fields for the preseason NIT and Legends Classic haven't been announced, though.

We will be in Maui in '10, along with UConn, Kentucky, Michigan State, Virginian, Washington, Wichita State and Chaminade.

If we are in any preseason tournaments, I haven't heard about it. A cursory look at the web sites of all the tournaments doesn't show anything. The fields for the preseason NIT and Legends Classic haven't been announced, though.

We will be in Maui in '10, along with UConn, Kentucky, Michigan State, Virginian, Washington, Wichita State and Chaminade.

Man I would like to find a way to go that!

Yeah, our home/away schedule against the North next year couldn't set up any better for us getting the two worst teams on the road. If we take care of business at Colorado and Nebraska, we could go 5-1 against the North.

Of course, that's easier said than done because Missouri and K-State will be tough, even at home. But the schedule is definitely set up for us to help us with that third-place tiebreaker come Big 12 tourney time.

5-1 against the north, 6-4 against he south is best case senario. 4-2 against the North, 5-5 against the south is worst case.

Yeah, I can't wait for that. My wife and I are already saving up for that one. We went there on our honeymoon and I had to drive by the Lahaina Civic Center since I've been watching that tourney forever. It's nestled on top of a hill about 200 yards from the ocean.

Also, the sweet little town of Lahaina is just down the road on the oceanfront. It's got lots of cool shops, eateries, and all the big hotels are right there too. Definitely a must-go trip if you can. The only downside is missing Thanksgiving with family.

5-1 against the north, 6-4 against he south is best case senario. 4-2 against the North, 5-5 against the south is worst case.

Who are your four loses (I realize that this is way to early to be predicting these things haha)?

Texas (W)
@Texas (L)
Baylor (W)
@Baylor (L?)
OSU (W)
@OSU (L?)
A&M (W)
@A&M (L?)
Tech (W)
@Tech (W)

I think we win on the road against either Baylor, OSU, or A&M with a small chance of taking two out of three. I think we win @tech. I think we have a chance at 7-3 (maybe 6-4) and then either 5-1 or 4-2 (small chance at 3-3) against the North.

Best case: 12-4 Worst case: 9-7

In your best case south scenario do you think we will drop one at home to Texas or somebody else or only win one road game?

Who are your four loses (I realize that this is way to early to be predicting these things haha)?

My Way-Too-Early Big 12 record prediction is 11-5 (7-1 at home and 4-4 on the road).

Baylor-Win
Baylor-Win
Oklahoma State-Win
Oklahoma State-Loss
Texas- Loss
Texas- Loss
Kansas- Loss
Missouri- Win
Kansas State- Win
Texas Tech- Win
Texas Tech- Win
Texas A&M- Win
Texas A&M- Loss
Colorado- Win
Nebraska- Win
Iowa State- Win

11-5, but 10-6 with a surprise loss to Colorado or Tech wouldnt surprise me.

Baylor-Win
Baylor-Win
Oklahoma State-Win
Oklahoma State-Loss
Texas- Loss
Texas- Loss
Kansas- Loss
Missouri- Win
Kansas State- Win
Texas Tech- Win
Texas Tech- Win
Texas A&M- Win
Texas A&M- Loss
Colorado- Win
Nebraska- Win
Iowa State- Win

11-5, but 10-6 with a surprise loss to Colorado or Tech wouldnt surprise me.[/QUOTE]

That empty, high altitude arena in Boulder scares the helloutta me! For once, I hope we play a decent game up there and don't need Jason Detrick to come back and save our arse.

Baylor-Win
Baylor-Win
Oklahoma State-Win
Oklahoma State-Loss
Texas- Loss
Texas- Loss
Kansas- Loss
Missouri- Win
Kansas State- Win
Texas Tech- Win
Texas Tech- Win
Texas A&M- Win
Texas A&M- Loss
Colorado- Win
Nebraska- Win
Iowa State- Win

11-5, but 10-6 with a surprise loss to Colorado or Tech wouldnt surprise me.[/QUOTE]

That empty, high altitude arena in Boulder scares the helloutta me! For once, I hope we play a decent game up there and don't need Jason Detrick to come back and save our arse.

2007-2008: CU beat OU by 14
2005-2006: CU beat OU by 9
2003-2004: CU beat OU by 7
1999-2000: CU beat OU by 8

OU has not won in Boulder since the 2001-2002 season, and it was a close game. They have won 4 of the last 5 in Boulder.

2007-2008: CU beat OU by 14
2005-2006: CU beat OU by 9
2003-2004: CU beat OU by 7
1999-2000: CU beat OU by 8

OU has not won in Boulder since the 2001-2002 season, and it was a close game. They have won 4 of the last 5 in Boulder.

I was being serious. That place really does scare me.

We beat CU by 11 during the 01-02 season with Hollis scoring 23.

Last edited:

Why? I think OU can do better than 6-4 against the South. Why can't OU win 5 home games and beat Baylor, Tech and one or two other South teams on the road? I don't see any teams that are going to be unbeatable in the South. I do think most road games will be difficult but not impossible.

I tend to agree that it will be very, very difficult to beat KU in Lawrence.

Why? I think OU can do better than 6-4 against the South. Why can't OU win 5 home games and beat Baylor, Tech and one or two other South teams on the road? I don't see any teams that are going to be unbeatable in the South. I do think most road games will be difficult but not impossible.

I tend to agree that it will be very, very difficult to beat KU in Lawrence.

I have OU getting swept by Texas, and splitting with A&M and OSU. That is 6-4 and a very realistic possibility.

I have OU getting swept by Texas, and splitting with A&M and OSU. That is 6-4 and a very realistic possibility.

What makes you so certain that we lose to Texas at home? I don't see it as being very likely. I would say 70/30 with a loud LNC crowd (see last year)

@ A&M
@ BU
@ OSU
@ UT
@KU

We might sweep A&M if they lose Elonu and or Sloan.

@ A&M
@ BU
@ OSU
@ UT
@KU

We might sweep A&M if they lose Elonu and or Sloan.

I havent even taken Elonu and Sloans decision to test the NBA waters seriously. I just assume they will be back, unless they are complete idiots.

Back