***A new prospect emerging on Capel's radar***

Re: A new prospect emerging on Capel's radar

UCLA and Kansas are the top of the top and they are on that list. Are you implying that the schools that are in on him now cheat? Maybe Williams isn't a very good recruiter. Its easy to say schools cheat. Again, most likely its just bitter Maryland fans.

I find the whole thing laughable.

I would first recommend you never try and put words in my mouth....there were no implications.

I was speaking from the Maryland/Williams perspective (and there have been multiple stories written on this (Williams' recruiting) including a large one in the Washington Post....find it yourself if you are interested).

And that said "most have offered"...and then a list was given.

I would first recommend you never try and put words in my mouth....there were no implications.

I was speaking from the Maryland/Williams perspective (and there have been multiple stories written on this (Williams' recruiting) including a large one in the Washington Post....find it yourself if you are interested).

Asking you a question isn't putting words in your mouth.

And if it is the Maryland beat-writer from the Post who wrote any articles shouting foul play, then I am not going to put much stock into it.

Tennessee (adidas) fans claimed the same argument when Selby decommitted from them after being a long time commit, and guess what, many folks think that Kansas leads for him. Kansas is an Adidas school.

I am just trying to state that there could be other reasons that the kid doesn't want to play for Maryland.

Asking you a question isn't putting words in your mouth.

And if it is the Maryland beat-writer from the Post who wrote any articles shouting foul play, then I am not going to put much stock into it.

Tennessee (adidas) fans claimed the same argument when Selby decommitted from them after being a long time commit, and guess what, many folks think that Kansas leads for him. Kansas is an Adidas school.

I am just trying to state that there could be other reasons that the kid doesn't want to play for Maryland.

Oh okay...if that is how you are going to spin that rhetorical question, that is fine.

It wasn't Maryland's beat writer at the Post, but two staff writers.

Selby is a lot more complex than that from what I've read.

And yes, there could be other reasons, but you don't know either....and people closer to the situation, including Maryland fans are going to know more than you, even if they are bitter (doesn't mean they are necessarily wrong)

DM and I were just stating the rumblings we have read/heard.

One last finding. When Ross committed to the Terps in april, Scout.com rated him as
No. 17 on Scout.com's shooting guard list and is ranked No. 64 overall. He's rated as a four-star

He is now the 99th rated player per scout and the 21st rated shooting guard. Doesn't sound like a "sleeper" to me.

Maryland fans would probably say he dropped because he committed to the Terps! lol I just get so sick of listening to them whine on the national boards.

One last finding. When Ross committed to the Terps in april, Scout.com rated him as .

He is now the 99th rated player per scout and the 21st rated shooting guard. Doesn't sound like a "sleeper" to me.

Maryland fans would probably say he dropped because he committed to the Terps! lol I just get so sick of listening to them whine on the national boards.

99th ranked player = essentially Pledger. The same guy that many on here called a "sleeper".

Most thought he was incredibly underrated at the 99th position and that he was a top 50, possibly top 25 talent. His ranking continues to climb.

I should note....I misspoke earlier, he didn't blow up this summer but this fall (he didn't play AAU basketball this past summer)

99th ranked player = essentially Pledger. The same guy that many on here called a "sleeper".

Most thought he was incredibly underrated at the 99th position and that he was a top 50, possibly top 25 talent. His ranking continues to climb.

I should note....I misspoke earlier, he didn't blow up this summer but this fall (he didn't play AAU basketball this past summer)

I think you misread my post. He is 99th NOW. He was 64th last April. He was in the 30s on Rivals last April. He is 46th now. I don't see the rising part. He was more highly ranked before he chose Maryland.

One final post (stating the obvious below) before I'm off to bed.

Getting Terrence Jones and Ross would be one hell of a coup. Add a big guy and that is easily a top 5 class (adding the two who have already signed).

What we need to figure out is if he has official visits left. If so, OU needs to get one.

One final post (stating the obvious below) before I'm off to bed.

Getting Terrence Jones and Ross would be one hell of a coup. Add a big guy and that is easily a top 5 class (adding the two who have already signed).

This we can agree on my Sooner friend!

DM,

He has officials left.

I think you misread my post. He is 99th NOW. He was 64th last April. He was in the 30s on Rivals last April. He is 46th now. I don't see the rising part. He was more highly ranked before he chose Maryland.

Rivals' last update was in September, right?

He didn't play AAU basketball, so that is why he would slip down....and then the high school season started and he has looked great (before the strange transfer from Montrose). I'm guessing that is when schools like UK and Duke started calling.

Rivals' last update was in September, right?

He didn't play AAU basketball, so that is why he would slip down....and then the high school season started and he has looked great (before the strange transfer from Montrose). I'm guessing that is when schools like UK and Duke started calling.

The decommitment had been whispered about for a long time.

I wish you guys wouldnt tease me with the possibility of landing these guys...I bet our chances are slim

Hope Ross comes to OU

Last edited by a moderator:

Tiny will start next year whether you like it or not. I think Terrence Jones is much more suited to play the 3 anyway.

It will either be Jones and Tiny or Tiny and N'Diaye. And if we get none of those guys it will be Tiny and somebody else. Book it.

The fact that you think otherwise is beyond strange.

Edit: I hope somebody saves your "prediction" just so we can all laugh about it next season....

Feel free to start another thread regarding Tiny. This one is about Terrence Ross and his recruitment

Greg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I don't know much more about OU's chances of getting Ross or Jones than I knew before I opened this thread. But I certainly learned more about shoe/apparel companies than I ever felt a need to know. :)

Stating the obvious here but with TJ & Cam already on board, getting Ross sure would calm everyone down a bit. I have to admit this season has been tough to keep your head up. We have unbelievable talent but can't seem to be any better than 'a slightly over .500 team' thus far but getting Ross to commit would turn around the moral a bit ESPECIALLY if Jones were to follow.

I think Ross could do well in Capel's system and mesh well with the current players on the team.

Well, I don't know much more about OU's chances of getting Ross or Jones than I knew before I opened this thread. But I certainly learned more about shoe/apparel companies than I ever felt a need to know. :)

Makes ya feel kinda dirty, doesn't it? :ez-laugh:

Back