***A new prospect emerging on Capel's radar***

Re: A new prospect emerging on Capel's radar

It's long rumored that Ross decommitted from Maryland because of his affiliatioan with Nike and the fact Maryland is an adidas school.

What's up with that?

What's up with that?

The Oregon AAU team that Ross and Jones played for has strong ties to Nike. I believe it. I think the fact that he has all Nike teams on his preliminary list is telling. Also, Coach O is the lead recruiter for Jones. I suspect he'll be the lead recruiter for Ross.

The Oregon AAU team that Ross and Jones played for has strong ties to Nike. I believe it. I think the fact that he has all Nike teams on his preliminary list is telling. Also, Coach O is the lead recruiter for Jones. I suspect he'll be the lead recruiter for Ross.

He played on that AAU team before he committed to an Adidas school. Your theory doesn't make sense.

Where in the hell is this Adidas stuff coming from? Maryland is an Under Armour school.

He played on that AAU team before he committed to an Adidas school. Your theory doesn't make sense.

Not my theory, but I do believe it. We've saw the senario play out over the last few years with players moving from adidas AAU teams to Nike AAU teams after committing to Nike schools.

Where in the hell is this Adidas stuff coming from? Maryland is an Under Armour school.

Doh! I knew that. They invented UA. Doesn't change my point though.

Not my theory, but I do believe it. We've saw the senario play out over the last few years with players moving from adidas AAU teams to Nike AAU teams after committing to Nike schools.
But Maryland is an Under Armour school.

Your theory makes no sense.

texas tech was wearing UA shoes, since they are a UA school of course.

and seriously, 04, this is what it takes to get you to post?

I posted on a board with 3 Maryland guys.....he was a "sleeper" when he committed to Maryland, then he blew up this summer and his ties via AAU team or coach (cannot remember which exactly) lie with Nike. So, he went away from the Under Armor school and wants to go to a Nike school.

If you want the full story, I can find out if you really want it.

And I would love if Ross signed with the Sooners....obviously first because it would be an outstanding get, but also to hear the persistent whining from my Maryland buddies. :)

I posted on a board with 3 Maryland guys.....he was a "sleeper" when he committed to Maryland, then he blew up this summer and his ties via AAU team or coach (cannot remember which exactly) lie with Nike. So, he went away from the Under Armor school and wants to go to a Nike school.

If you want the full story, I can find out if you really want it.

Sorry but your rankings theory is bunk. Look, I am not saying that he couldn't have been pressured to go to a Nike school, but I am saying that it is just a theory and may not be correct. Maryland fans have been very bitter over the past couple of seasons because Williams has had trouble on the recruiting trail, so it makes sense for those affiliated with that school to immediately jump to that conclusion.

Here is a rival's article written by the Hoya Report BEFORE Ross committed to the terps (Jan 28). He was a four star then with interest from big schools coast to coast (including non-nike schools):

January 28, 2009 – Hailing from Portland, Oregon, Terrence Ross has not only taken the Nation's Capital by storm while attending Montrose Christian this year, but also continued his whirlwind recruiting experience. To say he's one of the Class of 2010's most desired members is an understatement.

Ross is getting big time looks.
"Most have offered" said the six-foot-six, 190 pound swingman earlier this month, when asked to gauge the level of interest colleges have expressed; those schools include "Louisville, Memphis, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Georgetown, Kansas" plus " Oregon State, UCLA, UNLV, Florida, Maryland, Villanova, USC" and others.

Wow, he's being recruited by schools in every major college conference, from 'Sea to Shining Sea' as the song goes. There's no doubt this self proclaimed "slasher and shooter" who is also adept at performing as a "low post scorer too" has maximized his visibility at Montrose Christian, a team coached by Stu Vetter; the program is perennially one of the most recognized in America.

Presently ranked 10th amongst shooting guards and 31st, Ross, both athlete and shooter, must continue to get stronger as well as bone up on his handle.
The Rose City native is set to hit this year's travel team circuit with his hometown's Team Jones. Ross also plans on attending this year's NBA Players Association Top 100 camp; good news for the Hoya Nation as this writer plans to also, allowing for an excellent opportunity to assess his game a high level, competitive environment.

Will this talented young guy don blue and grey in two years? Could be. Check this site's premium message board community Premium Court for immediate discussion and prognostication.

Sorry but your rankings theory is bunk. Look, I am not saying that he couldn't have been pressured to go to a Nike school, but I am saying that it is just a theory and may not be correct. Maryland fans have been very bitter over the past couple of seasons because Williams has had trouble on the recruiting trail, so it makes sense for those affiliated with that school to immediately jump to that conclusion.

Here is a rival's article written by the Hoya Report BEFORE Ross committed to the terps (Jan 28). He was a four star then with interest from big schools coast to coast (including non-nike schools):

Maryland supposedly offered him quite early. And that list of schools is nothing compared to the list that now supposedly likes him including UK, KU, Duke, etc. He was committed to Maryland for some time and then he just dropped them with no explanation....something is fishy.

And I know all about Maryland fans whining about recruiting....some of it because of Gary and some of it because he supposedly won't break the rules (a bit of truth in both instances).

Maryland supposedly offered him quite early. And that list of schools is nothing compared to the list that now supposedly likes him including UK, KU, Duke, etc. He was committed to Maryland for some time and then he just dropped them with no explanation....something is fishy.

And I know all about Maryland fans whining about recruiting....some of it because of Gary and some of it because he supposedly won't break the rules (a bit of truth in both instances).

UCLA and Kansas are the top of the top and they are on that list. Are you implying that the schools that are in on him now cheat? Maybe Williams isn't a very good recruiter. Its easy to say schools cheat. Again, most likely its just bitter Maryland fans.

I find the whole thing laughable.

Back