OU vs Central Michigan 7pm CST on ESPN+ post game Press added

BoulderSooner

Owner/Operator
Reaction score

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAvEJLG0xmY coach
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPCJl1HoMUg Oweh / McCollum

post game press conf from our friends at SoonerScoop

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/OU_MBBall/status/1721535630641881110?s=20[/TWEET]

NORMAN – Oklahoma men's basketball opens the 2023-24 season on Monday, Nov. 6 at 7:01 p.m. inside Lloyd Noble Center. The non-conference contest will air on the Sooner Sports Radio Network (KRXO 107.7 FM The Franchise in Oklahoma City; KTBZ 1430 AM in Tulsa; Varsity Radio App) with Toby Rowland and Kevin Henry announcing and be broadcast by ESPN+ with Chad McKee (PxP) and Doug Gottlieb (analyst) on the call.

https://soonersports.com/news/2023/...o-open-2023-24-slate-against-central-michigan

OU -20 O/U 136

Last edited:
Re: OU vs Central Michigan 7pm CST on ESPN+

Let's go! I want to see a 20 win season, a NCAA birth, and finishing in the top half of the conference. That is enough to save PM's job

Starters for CMU.... I don't expect a super easy win here. They are a big team with some experience, and their head coach is Tony Barbee who is pretty solid. Tough opener. They have a couple of juco guys they are high on, but this will be their first game.

G - Derrick Butler (6'2'' 195)
-Transfer from Chipola JC. As a sophomore, earned Second Team All-Panhandle Conference honors … saw action in 34 games with 29 starts at guard … averaged 10.1 points, 3.2 rebounds, 1.8 assists, and 22.4 minutes per game … shot 42.1 percent from the floor (123-292), 37.9 percent from 3-point range (53-140), and 69.8 percent (44-63) from the free throw line

G - Brian Taylor (6'6'' 220)
-In second year at Central Michigan, started all 31 games, ranked third on the team in scoring (14.4 points per game), led the squad in rebounding (6.1 rpg) and steals (33) … also played 36.4 minutes per game, converted 41.6 percent (165-397) of his field goals, 28.4 percent (31-109) of his 3-point field goals, and 66.7 percent (84-126) of his free throws

G/F - Aidan Rubio (6'6'' 200)
-JUCO All-American … First Team All-MCCAA selection … named to the NJCAA All-Tournament team … led Macomb C.C. to a national runner-up finish in the NJCAA Division III title game … averaged a team-high 12.0 points, 4.9 rebounds, 2.3 assists while playing in 36 games with 33 starts … shot 45.5 percent from the floor (165-363), converted 32.9 percent (56-170) of his 3-point attempts, finished the year with 83 assists, 56 blocked shots, and 36 steals

F - Markus Harding (6'10'' 255)
-Averaged 9.3 points, 4.0 rebounds and 21.5 minutes per game last year … converted 47.6 percent (81-170) of his field goal attempts, 30.4 percent (21-69) of his 3-point attempts and 68.3 percent (41-60) of his free throw attempts

F - Jemal Davis (6'8'' 205)
-Transfer from SC State. As a freshman, started 23 games at the NCAA Division I level … averaged 9.4 points and 4.8 rebounds per game at South Carolina State

Have a weird feeling we are gonna surprise some people this year. I will say, from some of the quotes I’ve seen from Moser, that I’m a little worried about our defense and Hugley’s conditioning. Maybe that’s just coach speak, but seems like it’s things that maybe stick out to Moser.

They were a bad team last year. It also doesn't seem like they brought in any difference makers and 3 of their top 4 returning players transferred out. This should be a win and honestly shouldn't be within 10.

Fun note: Anthony Pritchard from Tulsa (Webster) is on their team. I think he'll start over 1 of the juco guys ABD listed.

Last edited:

Have a weird feeling we are gonna surprise some people this year. I will say, from some of the quotes I’ve seen from Moser, that I’m a little worried about our defense and Hugley’s conditioning. Maybe that’s just coach speak, but seems like it’s things that maybe stick out to Moser.

i agree

I want to agree as well. But after watching the officiating in the B12 over the past few weeks, not sure we can overcome what is about to take place.

They were a bad team last year. It also doesn't seem like they brought in any difference makers and 3 of their top 4 returning players transferred out. This should be a win and honestly shouldn't be within 10.

Fun note: Anthony Pritchard from Tulsa (Webster) is on their team. I think he'll start over 1 of the juco guys ABD listed.

The two juco newcomers are Derrick Butler and Aidan Rubio.

In one exhibition game:
Butler: 23 minutes... 7 points, 4 rebounds
Rubio: 23 minutes... 13 points, 3 assists, 2 rebounds

The other exhibition game:
Butler: 25 minutes... 18 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists
Rubio: 26 minutes... 9 points, 9 rebounds, 2 blocks

They may suck of course, hard to tell from exhibition games against non-D1 opponents.. but they appear to be major contributors

I could be wrong obviously, but defense is never something I’ve worried about with Moser’s teams. Since he’s been here we’ve always been a tough defending team even with much lesser athletes than our in-conference foes. This year we’ve severely upgrade the athleticism on the wing and down low. Guys like Darthard, Soares, Moore, and Hugely (plus keeping Oweh) are massive upgrades.

I can see a few games this year going how the Bama game went where we just run teams out of the gym by forcing turnovers.

just want what Moser has been saying to be true about being more athletic and wanting to get up and down the floor more and scoring more easy baskets. 20 wins and a winning conference record is needed. 3 Years of missing the tournament is not the standard for OU hoops.

Booomer! Take care of business Sooners!

the talent is finally there. athleticism is finally there. i feel like moser gets the most out of his guys. i still have concerns, but i think we are vastly improved offensively. i definitely think we surprise a lot people. if not now, then never.

I’m optimistic about this team. We have really upgraded the athleticism and hopefully the talent and skill. We will not make the tourney if we lose games like this one. The conference schedule is tough enough without losing winnable games.

here we go ..

i predict 83-59 in this one

Godwin gets the start

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/OU_MBBall/status/1721693994768285764?s=20[/TWEET]

everyone else is expected

and we have to listen to Gotleib

and we are on the board .. JM

nice drive by los and the dunk by oweh