***A new prospect emerging on Capel's radar***

Marcine Ross said she felt the need to bring her son home because graduating in June is a priority. Terrence Ross transferred to Montrose in September 2008 because Marcine Ross thought it would enhance his academic situation. Marcine Ross said her son's academics have improved, but she felt a need to monitor his final five months of high school.

I'm usually a skeptic, but I buy this. These "Prep" schools don't really make you much better academically as they make you visible for recruiters. I'm not aware of Montrose Christian and their school, but the place that was in Mississippi, Laurinberg Prep, and God's Academy are just basketball factories. In light of this, I'm curious as to whether this guy is going to play close to home or not. He's still listing schools East of the Mississippi.

"Right now our focus is on academics," Marcine Ross said. "He doesn't have anything to prove. My focus is not on basketball."

Good for Marcine Ross! Gotta admire a mother who brings her son home so she can monitor his progress in school, while basketball takes a backseat to academics. Stick to your convictions, Mama Ross!

Re: A new prospect emerging on Capel's radar

Jones and Ross? stay off the drugs son

Back