Agree or Disagree with Michael Rosenberg?

lol, do you guys not read entirely before you type

I stated:
"Ummm....I think you are wrong there buddy. Sorry to tell you but you dont have to go to school to take the bar exam. You can take the bar exam without going to school"

As you mentioned you can serve as a apprentice.

In california this is called Judges' Chambers study.

I said you dont have to go to school to take the bar exam, which is true.

I never stated Oklahoma specificly....get your facts right judge.

you would be right, if you didn't follow it up with this

cause in theory you could go take the bar at the next schedule testing time and be a lawyer

lol, do you guys not read entirely before you type

I stated:
"Ummm....I think you are wrong there buddy. Sorry to tell you but you dont have to go to school to take the bar exam. You can take the bar exam without going to school"

As you mentioned you can serve as a apprentice.

In california this is called Judges' Chambers study.

I said you dont have to go to school to take the bar exam, which is true.

I never stated Oklahoma specificly....get your facts right judge.

You were wrong in what you were implying. 90% of states in the country don't let you practice without graduating law school. Additionally, none of them let you just take the bar, you have to serve an apprenticeship. This supports my argument, not yours, as it would be roughly the equivalent of just waiting 3 years and then playing in the NFL without going to college.

lol...really
He said
"If you don't have a skill set worth money, then you shouldnt make money. Pretty simple."

That means, if you are able to sell a jersey then you have a skillset to make money. That doesnt mean you have the skillset to be a professional football player....I.E. Jason White

LMAO, you always try to turn a word or two into something it is not...nice try

This is what I meant, and he knows it.

Thank you.

You were wrong in what you were implying. 90% of states in the country don't let you practice without graduating law school. Additionally, none of them let you just take the bar, you have to serve an apprenticeship. This supports my argument, not yours, as it would be roughly the equivalent of just waiting 3 years and then playing in the NFL without going to college.

It doesnt support your argument at all. Going to law school and passing a bar exam show that you are uphold and interpret local and federal law. Being young and inexperienced is a negative thing in most professions as well, athletics being a rare exception.

A better comparison might be someone with artistic talent. A painter can profit from their talent while in school, while simultaneously providing art to the schools museum. A painter can also skip college entirely, if they are good enough. An athlete is not allowed to do that.

Eliminate athletic scholarships, make everything club sports.

Let the professionals develop athletic talent, and let schools educate people.

This seems logical, yet, I would not want to scrap major college athletics.

What would I do on Saturdays in the fall or for that matter the rest of the year?

It doesnt support your argument at all. Going to law school and passing a bar exam show that you are uphold and interpret local and federal law. Being young and inexperienced is a negative thing in most professions as well, athletics being a rare exception.

And the professional leagues want you to go to school so that you can show that you are emotionally and physically mature enough to play the game professionally.

Being young and inexpericenced is clearly a negative in athletics as well, considering the leagues themselves are the ones that say you have to be x years removed from school. They do this precisely because they dont' want to be paying young and inexperienced people to learn on the job.

Back