All Big 12 Team

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
Anyone remember an All Big 12 team better than this one? Ridiculous talent and most of it is legit NBA talent.

Sherron Collins
Willie Warren
James Anderson
Craig Brackins
Cole Aldrich

Dennis Clemente
Tyshawn Taylor
Damion James
Keith Gallon
Dexter Pittman

Avery Bradley
Xavier Henry
Cory Higgins
Marshall Moses
Ekpe Udoh

Last edited:
There is a ton of talent in the Big 12 this year.... My list is just a little different from yours.

1st Team
PG: Sherron Collins (KU)
SG: Willie Warren (OU)
SF: James Anderson (OSU)
PF: Craig Brackins (ISU)
C: Cole Aldrich (KU)

2nd Team
PG: Denis Clemente (KSU)
SG: Cory Higgins (CU)
SF: Damion James (UT)
PF: Tiny Gallon (OU)
C: Dexter Pittman (UT)

3rd Team
PG: John Roberson (Tech)
SG: Lace Dunn (BU)
SF: Xavier Henry (KU)
PF: Mike Singletary (Tech)
C: Ekpe Udoh (BU)

Here's how I think it will end up. They tend to give a lot of credit to players for being on the best teams unless you average close to 20 ppg like Brackins and Higgins.

1st Team
G: Sherron Collins (KU)
G: Willie Warren (OU)
F: James Anderson (OSU)
F: Craig Brackins (ISU)
C: Cole Aldrich (KU)

2nd Team
G: Avery Bradley (UT)
G: Denis Clemente (KSU)
F: Damion James (UT)
F: Tiny Gallon (OU)
C: Dexter Pittman (UT)

3rd Team
G: Lacedarius Dunn (BU)
G: Obi Muonelo (OSU)
G: Cory Higgins (CU)
F: Wally Judge (KSU)
F: Bryan Davis (A&M)

I can't believe how many good players will be in our league next year! Let's hope the league brings home another national championship!

so tmg doesnt make the third team?

I don't know many people that are willing to say that TMG will be the third best PG in the Big XII next season. That's not a knock on him. There is just so much depth in the league.

to me its not just about is ability...its about his teams success...if ou finishes in the top 4 or 5 i really believe he makes the third team....he is going to open up alot of doors for willie and hopefully gallon...i really do not believe that goes un-noticed

to me its not just about is ability...its about his teams success...if ou finishes in the top 4 or 5 i really believe he makes the third team....he is going to open up alot of doors for willie and hopefully gallon...i really do not believe that goes un-noticed

I am really excited to have he and Willie in the backcourt together. They both are really quick with the basketball and their hands and should allow us to beat some teams down the floor for easy buckets.

The talent level is unbelievable in the Big 12 for next year. The freshmen class is going to be one of the best ever, if not the best.
I'd add Marcus Morris to one of those lists, I think he makes it ahead of Henry as far as on KU....word out of Lawrence from everyone I talk to is he's tearing it up this summer, bigtime. Added 25 pounds of muscle. I think he'll be KU's third leading scorer...maybe ahead of Aldrich even at #2 as Aldrich is more a rebounder/defender.

Jai Lucas and Tweety Carter are two more that might be 3rd team. I hope not on Lucas because that will mean a potential championship year for the Horns, but I think that guy is going to average a lot of assists and be the catalyst to their success.

I dont like lucas's game that much....I am sure he will do well at texas but that has more to do with the talent around him then anything...I honestly would say out of all the new guys (incoming freshman or transfers) at the point i would still want tmg them most...

I think the Big 12 has been this talented for most of the past several years.

I really hope Jai Lucas doesnt make 3rd team.

I really hope TMG does. Either one would mean that team had a heck of a year.

I think the Big 12 has been this talented for most of the past several years.

Really? Maybe I am just getting caught up in the hype. I just haven't seen this much NBA talent in our league in a long time. The best part is that it seems divided among several teams and not just Kansas or Texas....

I personally can't remember a time where the Big 12 had 3 guys that will be on a lot of pre-season 1st team all-american lists. And probably those 3 guys (Collins, Aldrich, WW) are the best players in the country at there respective positions. And I really can't recall an incoming freshmen class this good. I think we're talking 5 MCDAA's and another 3-4 that narrowly missed or couldn't be but would have been like a Hamilton at Texas.

people putting Higgins on the 3rd team will be surprised. because he plays for CU, he won't get nearly the "love" or publicity he deserves...but he's one of the 10 best players in the league, easy.

people putting Higgins on the 3rd team will be surprised. because he plays for CU, he won't get nearly the "love" or publicity he deserves...but he's one of the 10 best players in the league, easy.

Who would you put him ahead of on my second team? Tyshawn Taylor has been leading the WUG team with some pretty doggone good players on it (including James Anderson). Damion James has earned his due throughout his career. Clemente is going to be the leader on a team that will most likely be in the upper fourth of the conference.

I agree he is a really good player, but I couldn't get him on my second team.

Really? Maybe I am just getting caught up in the hype. I just haven't seen this much NBA talent in our league in a long time. The best part is that it seems divided among several teams and not just Kansas or Texas....

No, I don't think you are...the league is really getting rounded out. I agree with TU that the league has had top talent for a while now (its put out a top 2 NBA draft pick 3 years in a row now), but teams are so well rounded out now. There are really good returning players and really good incoming players, and for the most part the new guys are stepping into important roles on their teams. KU and UT are still rolling, but OU, KSU, A&M, Baylor, and Mizzou have all gotten their new coaches settled in and building strong and Ford looks pretty legit for OSU. I don't see all 8 of those teams contending for first round byes in the conference tourney, and I don't see any of them going away anytime soon.

Back