Annamolly or turning the corner?

Not sure how good a defensive team BAMA is, but they didn’t defend us nearly as tough as we’re used to. Our backcourt players penetrated almost at will including Jalen. Our points off turnovers was better than usual and the assist to turnover ratio was positive.

We continue to have a problem limiting our opponents offensive rebounds as BAMA had 15 offensive boards to our 6 and 15 second chance points to our 7.

The other thing I noticed was Tanner seemed to bully their bigs down low and had a great game on the boards. This was key! I don’t know for sure, but he seemed to play the baseline more in this game and make more of an effort to rebound. He was a definite matchup problem for them. The one team left on our schedule where he has a clear low post advantage would be Kansas.

Hope we have a good crowd Wednesday and the weather doesn’t hurt us.

Great point about Tanner. Keep in mind, though, the officials in the Bama game “let both teams play.” Tanner usually picks up a an early foul or two because he tends to lean on the player he’s guarding or reaches in and grabs when he gets beat. That type of foul was not called too often, and that benefited Tanner.

I also think he was inspired by the large and unusually loud crowd, most of them cheering for the Sooners! Let’s hope we see the same type of crowd for Bedlam!

Not sure how good a defensive team BAMA is, but they didn’t defend us nearly as tough as we’re used to. Our backcourt players penetrated almost at will including Jalen. Our points off turnovers was better than usual and the assist to turnover ratio was positive.

We continue to have a problem limiting our opponents offensive rebounds as BAMA had 15 offensive boards to our 6 and 15 second chance points to our 7.

The other thing I noticed was Tanner seemed to bully their bigs down low and had a great game on the boards. This was key! I don’t know for sure, but he seemed to play the baseline more in this game and make more of an effort to rebound. He was a definite matchup problem for them. The one team left on our schedule where he has a clear low post advantage would be Kansas.

Hope we have a good crowd Wednesday and the weather doesn’t hurt us.

Prior to the game, from KenPom Bama had the #4 defense and #4 offense. Since the game, they've fallen to #6 in defense and #23 in offense.

We shall know more after the OSU game. Man, I hope it's a turning point!

If the game were played 10 times what would the outcome be? You have your answer right there. There's a lot of room for improvement for you just cannot rely on an individual to have his best game of his career to be the difference maker on a consistent basis simply because it is not possible.

We turned the corner….unfortunately we turned the wrong way.

It appears the team read the question posed here and decided to answer it in a very emphatic way.

I would have rather lost to Bama and beat OSU.

Eh, in the big picture, it probably won't matter because by March, we won't even be on the bubble. If we were, having that Q1, marquee win would have helped quite a bit. A home win over OSU wouldn't have been Q1. At this point, it would just be nice for the team to show up for consecutive games. It's been about three weeks since we have even seen that.

Eh, in the big picture, it probably won't matter because by March, we won't even be on the bubble. If we were, having that Q1, marquee win would have helped quite a bit. A home win over OSU wouldn't have been Q1. At this point, it would just be nice for the team to show up for consecutive games. It's been about three weeks since we have even seen that.

Not disagreeing but, IF it’s either/or would always rather win the conference game against a major rival.

Interested on the boards thoughts on whether Saturday was the start of something better, a one-off or maybe something in between?

I loved the pace of play, but I wonder how much that had to do with Alabama not being able to cover the pick-and-roll and, basically, not having anyone who could stay in front of GS.

OU's rebounding was better, turnovers were down and no significant scoring droughts.

My main complaints this year have been pace of play, rebounding, turnovers and frustrating scoring droughts - all which seemed to improve Saturday. I have been wanting to believe in Porter and what they are doing, but there was not much to hang onto until Saturday.

Wednesday seems like such a big game. Wondering about the crowd, the team's energy and Porter's willingness to play at pace.

Still just giddy about Saturday's win!

The Bama game was definitely an "Annamolly".

Back