Any chance OU goes after Terrence Ross now?

AdaSooner

Admin Emeritus
Reaction score
With Terrence Ross no longer committed to Maryland and headed back to his old school in Portland to join former teammate, Terrence Jones, any chance OU might go after Ross now? I know I may be dreaming to think that two top recruits like Jones and Ross could be a package deal. But stranger things have happened, and I still believe OU has a great shot at signing Jones.

If TJ is as interested in OU as the reports I've read seem to indicate, is it possible that he could influence Ross to come to Norman with him? Ross is a 6' 6" 180 SF and Jones at 6' 9" 230 with the skills of a point guard could play anywhere he is needed. IMO, both would start immediately.

Thoughts?

Terrence Ross, the 2008 Class 5A boys basketball player of the year, is back.

Ross, who last week withdrew from Montrose Christian (Rockville, Md.), has enrolled at Jefferson High School, according to Democrats boys basketball coach Pat Strickland.
Reached by telephone late Tuesday night, Strickland said Ross has been welcomed back with open arms.

"All the guys on the team are very tight with him. They really missed him," said Strickland. "I think everyone is glad to have him back home. He's always been and will always be one of ours."

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/ind..._at_jeffe.html

Duke, Kansas, or UK.

Yeah, I know that's what the article says. But that might change now that he is back in Oregon. By the way, a story on Scout.com confirmed that Duke is not recruiting Ross.

Interesting. Last I heard Ross was going to a prep school in Arizona. Some say he might be headed to Kentucky, and Bossi says he's not sure how much Kansas is interested.

I guess that would mean, Kentucky (maybe with TJones) unless Capel is as in with Jones as some think and maybe we could swing the package. Not getting my hopes up, but it's certainly fun to think about.

You may be right about Kentucky, or somewhere else for that matter. But there is nothing wrong with adding him to our wish list. :)

Ross is a heck of a player in his own right. I remember watching him on television last year and "wishing" OU was in the running for his services. He is quick and athletic, and he has the skill set to score in a variety of ways. He would be a great get if he could be persuaded to give OU a look.

They are definitely a package deal. I just found out that's why he came back to Oregon and decommitted in the first place.

That's a nice package deal, but is it a concern that we haven't heard anything about OU being in on him if he T-Jones are a package deal? Though, I suppose none of the teams supposedly in on T-Jones are in on Ross.

They are definitely a package deal. I just found out that's why he came back to Oregon and decommitted in the first place.

Huuuuum! I'm not sure if I should be happy or down in the dumps, now that I know my way out there theory might actually have wings?

Maybe somebody can let us know if OU has a chance to sign both of these kids? Man, just the thoughts of the possibility makes me giddy! :dance005:

Oklahoma is very involved with Terrence Ross. I'm not sure how serious the interest is from Ross, at this point, but I know Oklahoma is very active in his recruiting process and he is definitely listening.

And to reiterate some previous comments, he has a strong relationship with Terrence Jones. I'm not extremely high on calling a pair of recruits a "package deal", because I've heard it many many times and it rarely happens -- but there's no doubt these two would love to play together.

OUHoops is trying to get in contact with him to see how serious his interest is in Oklahoma, but he's not an easy guy to get a hold of. Definitely a guy to keep on the recruiting radar, though.

Oklahoma is very involved with Terrence Ross. I'm not sure how serious the interest is from Ross, at this point, but I know Oklahoma is very active in his recruiting process and he is definitely listening.

And to reiterate some previous comments, he has a strong relationship with Terrence Jones. I'm not extremely high on calling a pair of recruits a "package deal", because I've heard it many many times and it rarely happens -- but there's no doubt these two would love to play together.

OUHoops is trying to get in contact with him to see how serious his interest is in Oklahoma, but he's not an easy guy to get a hold of. Definitely a guy to keep on the recruiting radar, though.

Go 'Zo!!

Dream Scenario:
Finish out with Terrence Jones, Terrence Ross, and Aziz.

That would be SICK!!!

I think Romar and Washington will be pretty tough to beat here. That's where I'd put my money if I were to bet on this.

Dream Scenario:
Finish out with Terrence Jones, Terrence Ross, and Aziz.

That would be SICK!!!

noyphh.jpg

It helps that OU is a Nike school. That's all I'll say.

Back