Anyone read the Murdock article on the OU rivals page?

Two games then. That proves it. Eyeroll emoticon!

To be honest I am not sure why I even waded into this discussion because I disagree with everyone. I just reject this entire argument altogether. Everyone has different definitions of what "clutch" means anyway and I am not convinced much by anecdotal evidence.

I certainly would not determine who is or is not a part of the starting lineup based on who plays well in clutch situations. I would determine who plays in clutch situations based on who plays well in clutch situations. Not that I think any of us can actually figure that out.

Cade and Crock have been the vocal leaders as of late, I've seen and heard it in the huddle and even in the practices. On the court TMG has turned it on and we've needed every point but I don't think its TMG's team. I do agree though if WW would let him that TMG will and can make him a better contributer.

Two games then. That proves it. Eyeroll emoticon!

To be honest I am not sure why I even waded into this discussion because I disagree with everyone. I just reject this entire argument altogether. Everyone has different definitions of what "clutch" means anyway and I am not convinced much by anecdotal evidence.

I certainly would not determine who is or is not a part of the starting lineup based on who plays well in clutch situations. I would determine who plays in clutch situations based on who plays well in clutch situations. Not that I think any of us can actually figure that out.

That wasn't the point of his discussion. He claims that OU would be a better team with Tony coming off the bench and providing energy and hustle in shorter bursts due to his "saddled" ability. I simply disagreed by pointing out that Tony is tops (or close to it) in nearly every offensive and defensive category. I want him on the court for as many minutes as possible. Whether they are clutch situations or not.

Clutch is certainly tough to define/measure. Greg and Sam both pointed out some instances where Tony has risen to the occasion during clutch moments (aka last second shots/game changing shots) and clutch games (in the Sweet 16). Of course clutch moment/game sample sizes or going to be small....there just aren't a lot of opportunities during a college basketball career/season. I agree that Tony has shown the ability to be clutch when some of those opportunities have been handed his way.

So put it on the line, a week from Saturday we are down 1 to Texas with 12 seconds left in the game. We have the ball at mid-court and to take the inside game out of the argument, let's say Gallon has already fouled out.

Who you want taking the last shot. Maybe clutch/leader are the wrong words to use. Maybe the right word is trust. Who do you trust? In order what is your list. I'll give you mine:

1. TMG (best shooter on the team)
2. WW (best movement to the basket/decent shooter)
3. Cade (might make it/least likely to make a mistake
4. Crocker (might make it)

And, forget sample size, trust can be earned with recognition and that can be created anytime.

Tony Crocker...he's a senior, and he's done it before.

So put it on the line, a week from Saturday we are down 1 to Texas with 12 seconds left in the game. We have the ball at mid-court and to take the inside game out of the argument, let's say Gallon has already fouled out.

Who you want taking the last shot. Maybe clutch/leader are the wrong words to use. Maybe the right word is trust. Who do you trust? In order what is your list. I'll give you mine:

And, forget sample size, trust can be earned with recognition and that can be created anytime.

Game to game with me. Not a player on this team that is consistent on the offensive end. TMG has been the closest thing to that of late. Tony was early. WW has been hit and miss all season. No Cade.

Cade over Tony?

I love the improvements and effort Cade has shown this season but I would not want him to be the one trying to get the shot off, especially if Tony Crocker was still in the game. Tony is better at driving and shooting off the dribble than Cade. While I can see an argument for Willie or TMG cause they are quicker and get in the lane better I do not understand why Cade would be a better option.

You guys might be right about Cade. I don't know, maybe I would put Crocker ahead of him on the take the shot list.

Like I said, it's probably time to end this discussion on my part. It's a fine line between theory and bashing a player, which I don't really want to do. I appreciate the four years from Tony Crocker like everyone else.

Maybe I'll take up this issue again, if the lineup I like ever starts (and of course plays well)

Back