Armchair Point Guard: Baylor game

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
I really don't think that the 4 guard line-up is going to work against Baylor. I mean, sure it might get us a couple extra good looks from 3 against Baylor's zone, but Acy and Udoh will eat us alive on the glass and deep in the paint if we go small. And it is not like we have proven to be able to create easy buckets off the break with that line-up. I hope that Coach Capel is able to get Fitz and Tiny out on the floor together as much as possible in this one. The Sooners need to slow the game down and work it in to Tiny as much as possible.

Willie and TMG need to be assertive on the offensive end and attack the zone with intent to find the open man behind the arc or the dump down into the low block. We need Crocker and Cade to crash the offensive boards hard to try and get second and third chances for the offense.

I would like to see Orlando, Fitz, and Ryan be be extremely aggressive on the defensive end. I want them to foul with authority and to give up no easy dunks to Acy or Udoh. Tiny, on the other hand, will have to be very careful and choose his fouls wisely. I sure hope he doesn't pick up a silly away from the ball foul or a moving screen in this game because our only real chance at stealing one is for him to be able to play over 25 minutes.

On defense, I hope we are able to at least try some man against these guys. I would like to see what Crock can do on Lace Dunn. Tweety is pretty perfect for a guy like TMG to man up against because he still does most of his damage from deep and isn't the quickest player on the court. I do worry about how we would matchup with them in the paint, but I still would like to see Capel try some man so that Baylor isn't launching as many wide open threes as they would against our slow-rotating zone.

I say start TMG, Willie, Crock, Fitz and Tiny. Bring Cade in off the bench for whichever guard is not giving the most effort at the start of the contest.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Al agreed with my line-up of Fitz and Tiny in the Capel interview. I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing. haha

haha ummm Al agreeing with you I dunno but I agree so that overrides that! haha

I've been going back and forth on this game and was at Baylor winning but the more I think and the more I hear out of camp I think OU WILL win this game! I think the starting lineup will be like you have it BT.

Back