Austin Johnson Highlights (senior year)

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wrfkz7KzbxU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wrfkz7KzbxU[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5OM5CQb_AA&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5OM5CQb_AA&feature=related[/ame]

I've been waiting for part 2 of his senior year for a while now. It didnt dissapoint. He was no doubt the alley-oop king. If you go back and watch all 4 years of Austin Johnson highlight videos, it might surprise you that he threw so many oops in his career at OU.

I've been waiting for part 2 of his senior year for a while now. It didnt dissapoint. He was no doubt the alley-oop king. If you go back and watch all 4 years of Austin Johnson highlight videos, it might surprise you that he threw so many oops in his career at OU.

He really was great at throwing 'oops. He could throw a perfect one on the run as well as any college player that I have watched.

I was hard on AJ most of his career. I know I wasnt the only one. But I was always remember him for going into Stillwater and beating OSU his junior year (without Blake) and his senior year with all those threes from WAY out there.

I was hard on AJ most of his career. I know I wasnt the only one. But I was always remember him for going into Stillwater and beating OSU his junior year (without Blake) and his senior year with all those threes from WAY out there.

Yeah, I think it is good to celebrate the good. The kid played hurt every year that he was at OU and didn't make excuses about it. I really respect that about him.

I wish him well with his next chapter in life and hope that he comes back to Norman often.

Thanks for posting those vids Big.

Here's my best attempt at a list of Top 10 moments for Austin Johnson at OU. I'm sure I forgot some.

1. The Shot. The catch and release at the end of the shot clock at Baylor Sr. Year.
2. The Block. Vs Pargo to seal the win over Gonzaga in the all-college game. jr. year.
3. Back to Back alley-oops from LL to AJ vs Arky at LNC. Probably never see that again.
4. The 3 late threes against Baylor in the OT game at LNC. We had to have all of them.
5. Stillwater 08 - The drives vs Marcus Dove late. AJ controlled that game.
6. Stillwater 09 - The late threes from 30 feet. He took out their hearts.
7. The alley-oop to Blake/Taylor Griffin where they both jumped at the same time.
8. The block vs Syracuse in one of the best OU NCAA Tourney wins in history.
9. The block vs Tech this year that led to the WW three. That woke up the crowd.
10. The Cat N Mouse play against WVU last year when he fumbled the ball then threw a no-look alley oop to Blake on the break. That almost seemed like one of Magic Johnson or Isiah Thomas's plays from the 80's where they would pretend to fumble just to by time for the big man to get ready for the pass.

those were some of my favorites

Thanks for posting those vids Big.

Here's my best attempt at a list of Top 10 moments for Austin Johnson at OU. I'm sure I forgot some.

1. The Shot. The catch and release at the end of the shot clock at Baylor Sr. Year.
2. The Block. Vs Pargo to seal the win over Gonzaga in the all-college game. jr. year.
3. Back to Back alley-oops from LL to AJ vs Arky at LNC. Probably never see that again.
4. The 3 late threes against Baylor in the OT game at LNC. We had to have all of them.
5. Stillwater 08 - The drives vs Marcus Dove late. AJ controlled that game.
6. Stillwater 09 - The late threes from 30 feet. He took out their hearts.
7. The alley-oop to Blake/Taylor Griffin where they both jumped at the same time.
8. The block vs Syracuse in one of the best OU NCAA Tourney wins in history.
9. The block vs Tech this year that led to the WW three. That woke up the crowd.
10. The Cat N Mouse play against WVU last year when he fumbled the ball then threw a no-look alley oop to Blake on the break. That almost seemed like one of Magic Johnson or Isiah Thomas's plays from the 80's where they would pretend to fumble just to by time for the big man to get ready for the pass.

those were some of my favorites

Nice! Thanks for the memories. One of my favorites was actually the 360 dunk he threw down at the Baseline Bash his freshman year.

Kid had a hell of a season. Watching that video also opened my eyes to the fact that TMG has some bigger shoes to fill than I remembered. Hope AJ can make some cash overseas. Great video, too. Props to whoever put that together.

Blake Griffin helped AJ quite I bit too. There was probably no easier guy in college the past 2 years to through it up to on the break than Blake Griffin, and possibly only a handful as good as him at catching/finishing lobs in the past 20 years. Shawn Kemp comes to mind, maybe Dwight Howard and Tyson Chandler. But not many more.

Blake Griffin helped AJ quite I bit too. There was probably no easier guy in college the past 2 years to through it up to on the break than Blake Griffin, and possibly only a handful as good as him at catching/finishing lobs in the past 20 years. Shawn Kemp comes to mind, maybe Dwight Howard and Tyson Chandler. But not many more.

Shawn Kemp.

Some of my best Sooner memories will always have AJ accompanying them. He will always be one of my favorite Sooners. And yes, he will be more missed than most of us will realize. There is a reason why coach liked AJ so much.

I must add, the ending to Pt 2, I thought, was very powerful. The music and the montage that showed all the different stages of his career..... Great stuff!

Appropriate song choice on the first video considering the problems he and Willie had this year.

A guy in Amarillo put those highlight videos together. I know his father. He did a great job matching game action with the music.

AJ had an outstanding senior season. We can only imagine what his entire career would have been like if he had been reasonably healthy for four years. He will definitely be missed. Austin was a much better player than most people realized.

Thanks for posting, BT!

Back