Aziz Ndiaye tidbit

Henzo

Reaction score
I spoke with JUCO 7-footer Aziz Ndiaye this evening as he was waiting for his connecting flight in Salt Lake City. I didn't realize he'd be getting home so late so I told him I'd catch up with him tomorrow, but we discussed his weekend briefly and he seemed as if he had a great time on his visit.

He mentioned he felt Oklahoma was a great option for him. He got along with everybody in Norman and mentioned there were a lot of great young players who he'd be playing with throughout his time in Norman, if it were his destination. He seemed like he got some real quality time with coach Capel, as well.

Overall, I believe the visit put Oklahoma in great position to sign him, but it's only his first visit. There is still plenty of time for others to get involved in the process, but Ndiaye has admitted he knows very little about these collegiate programs (coming from overseas) and the Sooners definitely put their best foot forward this weekend.

I'll catch up with him tomorrow evening, if all goes as planned, and I'll put together something with quotes from the big man himself at that time.

Last edited:
Let's hope that first impressions win the player. I think this kid would be a very important piece. I really think the coaching staff can develop him in a very good way. Come to OU Aziz. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

Who wouldn't want to play with a guy like TMG, who you know will be there for the next 3 years.

Who wouldn't want to play with a guy like TMG, who you know will be there for the next 3 years.

I will be disappointed if TMG plays 4 years at OU. That will mean he got hurt or digressed. His NBA skills are busting out all over the place already.

I will be disappointed if TMG plays 4 years at OU. That will mean he got hurt or digressed. His NBA skills are busting out all over the place already.

How many NBA players of his height start in the NBA?

That is why he'll stay for 4 years.

How many NBA players of his height start in the NBA?

That is why he'll stay for 4 years.

Aaron Brooks, Chris Paul, Allen Iverson, Mike Conley, TJ Ford, JJ Barea, Nate Robinson and many more.

When nobody can guard you it doesn't matter. TMG looks to be in that group. The only way he is at OU 4 years is due to injury or him somehow losing his game.

ummmmmmm TMG is generously listed at 5'11".......Chris Paul is 6', Allen Iverson is 6', and Mike Conley is 6'1"

It doesn't seem like much but the extra 1-2 inches makes the world of difference in the eyes of NBA scouts and when you are playing at that level.

Not saying TMG won't be an NBA player...it is always possible. Right now he is a GOOD college player...and I would love to see him play 4 years.

I believe Sherron Collins is a 4th year player for KU and he probably could have gone to the NBA after his Soph. year. Most NBA GMs are just a little too obsessed with that extra 2-3 inches for a PG. There are tons of great college PGs that never get a chance in the NBA due to perceived height issues.

ummmmmmm TMG is generously listed at 5'11".......Chris Paul is 6', Allen Iverson is 6', and Mike Conley is 6'1"

It doesn't seem like much but the extra 1-2 inches makes the world of difference in the eyes of NBA scouts and when you are playing at that level.

Not saying TMG won't be an NBA player...it is always possible. Right now he is a GOOD college player...and I would love to see him play 4 years.

This. MOST of the players boca listed are 1-3 inches taller than TMG.

I didn't say he couldn't play in the NBA, I just inferred that it wouldn't necessarily be worth it for him to leave early. Look at Collins. Very similiar situation. I just don't see TMG being a lotto pick after his jr year.

Humor me and tell me what the difference between 5'11" 200 lbs and 6'0" 175 lbs is to an NBA scout since you seem to know.

This will be interesting to hear since none of those players play over anybody, the beat people with their feet, handles and step back jumpers.

In a game of 1 on 1 please tell what an extra inch will do for Chris Paul vs TMG.

I didn't say he couldn't play in the NBA, I just inferred that it wouldn't necessarily be worth it for him to leave early.

Late first round picks make over $1 million as rookies. He's not going to grow anymore so coming back does nothing for TMG.

The best thing for OU would be for him to lead OU on a final 4 run next year or the year after with Tiny, Aziz and WW and they all get drafted that summer.

Last edited:
I'll humor you in the fact that NBA guys (and OFTEN college guys) obsess with size. They want guys with size who can possible "see over" defenders, and DEFEND bigger players. They want guys who they THINK can take the physical pounding in the NBA. I am not saying TMG won't make it, won't get drafted,or won't be successful....I'm just telling you that NBS scouts, coaches, etc will knock TMG for his SIZE. I PROMISE you that, when he is ready to make the move and declare, that is all you will read is his WEAKNESS will be considered his size, etc.

I am also telling you that is two players have a similar skill set that they will lean to the guy with the extra inch or two MOST of the time.

Not saying it is fair or that it happens in every case....just saying that is how it is.

I'm also telling you that TMG is NOT 5'11"

Tommy is barely 5'9", which I learned by standing right next to him.

Back