Balbay

Bradley did a much better job, but TMG still broke his ankles a couple times.

I was really surprised at the fact that Balbay couldn't stay with TMG. I think TMG is a great player and hard to guard. But I thought of all people, Balbay might be able to give him some trouble. But as you say, he was owned by TMG.

TMG is really really good.

TMG's domination over Balbay surprised me, too. The announcers continued to say he was "unguardable," and that UT has no answer for him. One has to believe that OU has a very bright future with Tommy at the point.

i get the feeling TMG plays better when he's being challenged. when he's having to shake people off and work for space he really seems to be purposeful and focused.

The comparisons of TMG to Sherron Collins as a frosh are spot on. They remind me sooo much of each other. That's going to be fun to watch in Lawrence on Big Monday. Could be a repeat of last year except TMG is the new WW.

The comparisons of TMG to Sherron Collins as a frosh are spot on. They remind me sooo much of each other. That's going to be fun to watch in Lawrence on Big Monday. Could be a repeat of last year except TMG is the new WW.

TMG is a better player today than Collins was when he was a freshman. Collins had no pressure on him to do anything, KU had NBA guys ruling the court just like today. TMG is amazing for a true freshman he has put this team on his back.

They probably better put bradley on TMG to start the game when we go to austin. By the way we have a chance to win that one too. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

I know Balbay can do some things well, but if I were a coach I would never recruit him. At this level you can't have a guy that the defense doesnt have to guard out there.

You can recruit a guy who can shoot that can also makes layups and play defense.

I really think TMG surprised balbay in how easy he scored and executed on him. If you go back and watch the tape. It looks like balbay has the expression of "This kid is a freshman", on his face. NICE JOB TOMMY GUN! BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

I know Balbay can do some things well, but if I were a coach I would never recruit him. At this level you can't have a guy that the defense doesnt have to guard out there.

You can recruit a guy who can shoot that can also makes layups and play defense.

Agreed. You may be able to get away with a player like that at a smaller school, or a school without NCAA Tourney hopes, but the big time programs shouldn't do that.

The week of rest did wonders for TMG. Hope he can hold up and play lights out the rest of the year.

TMG is a better player today than Collins was when he was a freshman. Collins had no pressure on him to do anything, KU had NBA guys ruling the court just like today. TMG is amazing for a true freshman he has put this team on his back.

I was saying the same thing to a friend of mine who is a huge KU fan. He is a more refined player offensively than Collins was as a freshman for sure.

Balbay is one of the best defenders in the country and TMG dominated him as everyone has alluded to. He went by him at will for the most part, except for one steal he got at the beginning of the 2nd half. I will give Barnes credit because the halftime adjustment of putting Bradley on TMG hurt OU's offensive flow and they had a hard time scoring in the 2nd half as a result. But credit the team for drawing fouls, getting into the bonus early, and getting points when they needed them to win the game.

The comparison of TMG to Sherron Collins as a frosh is not spot on, the comparison of TMG as a freshman to Sherron Collins as a senior is more like it.

And TMG wins the comparison hands down. link

Yea TMG is miles better than Collins as a freshmen. That's not a valid comparison at all, unless you are simply looking at builds and body types. I would note Collins didn't HAVE to be as good as TMG for his team, but all we can go on is how they played when they are/were in the game, and it's not even a contest. It's much more valid to compare them this year.

Back