OT: Football Talk

track speed isn't football speed.
He looks really slow in game. Not sure what else to say
Only thing else to say is you're wrong, the kid is fast. He's got verified speed, now if you want to say he's not quick or elusive that's another thing.

Last edited:
I'm just surprised you guys are so quick to dismiss his production. If the offense we're running isn't conducive to his style, well, isn't a coach's job to tailor his scheme to the personnel? Can it get any worse? I'm not some Sawchuk fan boy, but I've seen the guy be a solid D-1 back.

In other news: I appreciate the civility of this thread. Usually football talk devolves pretty quickly, but there are plenty of informative and respectful takes flowing through here.

BV says Sawchuk strained his quad, which is why he didn't play.
What was the exact quote? I saw it paraphrased on Twitter but was confused because it indicated he was healthy going into the game, but got hurt Saturday? Did he even see the field Saturday? Was it a pregame injury?

What was the exact quote? I saw it paraphrased on Twitter but was confused because it indicated he was healthy going into the game, but got hurt Saturday? Did he even see the field Saturday? Was it a pregame injury?
From Bob P: Asked BV about #OU RB Gavin Sawchuk. Never been listed on an availability report (yet) but didn’t see any time Saturday.“Gavin Sawchuk strained his quad. That’s why he didn’t play Saturday.”

I don't know the context.

Only thing else to say is you're wrong, the kid is fast. He's got verified speed, now if you want to say he's not quick or elusive that's another thing.
I could be wrong. Maybe he is a slow accelerator and never gets to top end speed (or rarely). I just don't see it . He looks like he is always in mud

From Bob P: Asked BV about #OU RB Gavin Sawchuk. Never been listed on an availability report (yet) but didn’t see any time Saturday.“Gavin Sawchuk strained his quad. That’s why he didn’t play Saturday.”

I don't know the context.
Thanks. Sometimes, the lack of follow-up questions by the beat guys is frustrating!

I could be wrong. Maybe he is a slow accelerator and never gets to top end speed (or rarely). I just don't see it . He looks like he is always in mud
I think that's him trying to find a lane. He's got good vision and wants to hit a hole, but there just isn't any with this Line & TE play. That's my observations at least.

I think that's him trying to find a lane. He's got good vision and wants to hit a hole, but there just isn't any with this Line & TE play. That's my observations at least.
i agree .. he does not run through trash very well and he is not "quick" he needs holes and he is a 1 cut and go guy .. and toward the end of last season proved that he can be very very good doing so ..

Disagree. He doesn't have good vision. He can't make defenders miss. He can't break tackles. He doesn't have patience. He has no traits that exceptional backs have, except maybe speed. And speed just isn't enough at this level. I would kill for a back like Kennedy Brooks right now.

Back