Banquet?

It was great times. Once again the seniors were honored. They all had their own individual highlight videos and went up onstage and made a little speech. There were two team highlight videos as well as a Blake highlight video. All of Blake's POY awards were on hand as well as our new Elite Eight Banner. Coach Capel was eloquent in speaking about his team and you can tell that he thought a lot of this year's bunch. They also gave away individual award like Ironman, best rebounder, best student, best assists, an various other awards named after former players.

Here is a list of the awards:
2008-09 OU Men's Basketball Postseason Banquet Awards

• The Brent Price Connection to the Community Award: Blake Griffin
• The Roy Marler/Hollis Price Most Inspirational Award: Beau Gerber
• The Eduardo Najera Award for Intensity and Toughness: Tony Crocker
• The Mookie Blaylock Outstanding Defensive Player Award: Taylor Griffin
• The Stacey King Award for Team Leadership: Taylor Griffin
• The Harvey Grant Award for Commitment and Overall Improvement: Orlando Allen
• The Darryl "Choo" Kennedy Leading Rebounder Award: Blake Griffin
• The Terry Evans Assists Leader Award: Austin Johnson
• The Alvan Adams Award for Academic Excellence: Beau Gerber
• The Tim McCalister Iron Man Award for Most Minutes: Blake Griffin
• The Wayman Tisdale Most Valuable Player Award: Blake Griffin
• The Senior Appreciation Award: Taylor Griffin, Austin Johnson and Omar Leary

It was a great night and Capel did a good job talking about the players and the season. He paid special attention to the seniors, which I thought was nice since Blake had already received so much attention. The only problem of the night seemed to be the sound system. It was really hard to hear what was being said by everyone except Capel, and the interviews with the players on the videos were almost impossible to decipher.

Here is the sooner Sports link that lists all of the player awards..

http://soonersports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/042209aaa.html

:boomer :sooner

The only problem of the night seemed to be the sound system. It was really hard to hear what was being said by everyone except Capel, and the interviews with the players on the videos were almost impossible to decipher.

Bob Barry was almost impossible to make out what he was saying.

It was a good thing I had taken kleenex. My daughter and I needed them during the senior and Blake videos.

Hopefully, they will post the videos on SoonerSports.com so those who couldn't attend can see them.

Even Beau Gerber got two? He should have won more. You are not fit to lick the soles of his shoes.

Somebody has to teach these cats to dress. You would think that Jeff and Taylor would rub off. AJ has a sweet ass jacket, but that Regis Phillbin purple on purple shirt has to go.

Back