Baseline jumper - Andrew Fitzgerald

thebigabd

Reaction score
Looked like Fitz is pretty comfortable with that 15 foot baseline jumper... He hit the first one but missed the next couple. He looks like he has good touch and doesn't look out of place taking that shot.

Looked like Fitz is pretty comfortable with that 15 foot baseline jumper... He hit the first one but missed the next couple. He looks like he has good touch and doesn't look out of place taking that shot.

Yeah, I think it will be a nice weapon in the future for this offense. I was told by several people during the summer that Fitz had the best midrange touch of any of the bigs (including Tiny).

We are going to need Drew to step up tonight.

Agreed. Even the shots he missed looked like they were going in. One was actually halfway down before it spun out.

I really like Drew's game. He may not be the most athletic guy around, but he works hard and you can tell that he has had some good coaching somewhere along the line. I also like the fact that he compliments Tiny's game well; a lot better than the other two post players.

Give me a big that has a soft touch and good hands over the athletic guys with fumble fingers any day of the week.

This topic bounced around a few days ago...this jumper will almost always be there for someone like Fitz. Whether it be off a dish from penetration or short-corner against a 2-3 zone, if he knocks this down consistenly he will immediately become an offensive weapon.

Back