PF: Wally Judge (Kansas State)
C: Keith Gallon (Oklahoma)

PG: Tommy Mason-Griffin (Oklahoma)
SG: Avery Bradley (Texas)
SF: Xavier Henry (Kansas)

That team could go to the final four.

I think osu will land a player on there, though I'm not sure who. Penn maybe, or Johnson.

Johnson's not going to make it to OSU and he'll be their second best post player if he does make it. Penn isn't going to take shots away from Munelo or Anderson. Judge will be the go to post guy for KSU and will get points through offensive rebounds and catch dunks. Same goes for Tiny. TMG is going to help fill OU's scoring void and X Henry is the best high school player in the nation. I don't see it.

Johnson's not going to make it to OSU and he'll be their second best post player if he does make it. Penn isn't going to take shots away from Munelo or Anderson. Judge will be the go to post guy for KSU and will get points through offensive rebounds and catch dunks. Same goes for Tiny. TMG is going to help fill OU's scoring void and X Henry is the best high school player in the nation. I don't see it.

Then put your money where your mouth is. :)

If anybody other than those 5 make it, I win. Those 5 win it, you win.

I don't have all the answers, I'm just saying that it is impossible to pick this early in the year, and the chances of guessing all 5 of them isn't likely. SOMEBODY is going to disappoint, and sombody is going to overachieve.

But I think that Johnson, if he makes it, will far and away be their best post guy. I also see TMG as the 4th scorer on OU's team. I'm not sure that'll be enough to get him on the team. Maybe it will, maybe it won't.

Bradley is my rookie of the year and like DM said johnson probably isn't going to make it to osu. Also i don't think penn starts for them. Barring injury those 5 are the all big 12 rookie team.

Also I think Jordan Hamilton is probably the 6th guy on the all rookie list and he could supplant one of the 5.

I also see TMG as the 4th scorer on OU's team. I'm not sure that'll be enough to get him on the team. Maybe it will, maybe it won't.

I've got Willie, Gallon, and then TMG as the leading scorers. Who do you have?

I don't think there's any way that Bradley gets replaced on that team. IMO, the most likely not to make it would be Judge, Henry, then TMG. I think Bradley and Gallon will be depended on heavily and will have good numbers. I think any of the 3 above could drop off. TMG and Henry are both playing with good perimeter teammates and thus could not have as good of stats (though I think they will). I think Judge is a wildcard because he's superathletic but KSU has some good returning players as well.

I think that will be the 5 that make it because they are the most highly rated and are all in good situations to produce. I don't think OSU will have anyone challenging for that 1st team spot.

This is the most logical choice.

:clap

Why? Isn't it possible that TMG is better?

Better doesn't always equate to more ppg.

Tony had a bad year and still averaged 9.6 ppg. Down from the 11.3 he averaged as a sophmore. I'd like to think he'll be at at least 10-11 ppg this coming season. I just don't think TMG is going to come in, distribute the ball to WW and Gallon, and still find a way to average 10 ppg. That isn't even considering Pledger, Cade, and Willis. I think Pledger is going to prove that he is worthy of getting alot of shots as well.

Is TMG as a true frosh going to average more ppg than Quannis did as a junior/senior? I just don't think so. And I also don't see Tony continuing to decrease in production either.

I could be wrong, but I don't think I am.

So then you have to ask yourself, is 7-8ppg, and 4 assists or so enough to get TMG on the all frosh team? Maybe, but not definitively.

Then put your money where your mouth is. :)

If anybody other than those 5 make it, I win. Those 5 win it, you win.

I don't have all the answers, I'm just saying that it is impossible to pick this early in the year, and the chances of guessing all 5 of them isn't likely. SOMEBODY is going to disappoint, and sombody is going to overachieve.

But I think that Johnson, if he makes it, will far and away be their best post guy. I also see TMG as the 4th scorer on OU's team. I'm not sure that'll be enough to get him on the team. Maybe it will, maybe it won't.

We can do that. You're not the same guy I made the Keiton Page bet for the Pizza with, because I'm still looking for that guy. I do agree with you that TMG is probably the guy with the most question marks, but I believe he can come in and average 9-10 points at OU which is enough to make that team. Penn is 5'8 and will have more trouble getting his own shot than TMG. He'll also have to rotate with Page and Gulley. I don't think Penn will take the PG position from Page. If it's not TMG, it will be someone out of left field. Maybe someone from A&M or Baylor. Maybe Colvin, but 5 McD's AA are hard to argue with.

It is very unlikely Penn starts at OSU next year. Page will be given the job unless someone more athletic, such as Gulley, takes it from him. Penn is not more athletic nor as skilled as Page. JMO

I think bigs picks are the most likely, although I could see some others making a run at it. As for TMG, I'm on record saying that I don't think he starts. However, if he starts and plays 30 minutes a game, he will most definiately be on the all freshman team, and his stats will be better than TU is predicting. Our team just has too many good players around him not to inflate his stats under circumstances where he is playing most of the game with the ball in his hands. By the way, I am not predicting that he won't start because he isn't good enough, rather I just think Coach will give WW the chance to run the team and develop his "point" game for the NBA. If TMG is as good as they say, then he might just spell him with WW.

I could see Dennis, Hamilton, stevenson or a could others making a run at the first team.

i think that team will be the bested freshmen lineup...:clap:clap

Judge will be the go to post guy for KSU and will get points through offensive rebounds and catch dunks.

unless judge shows up more big 12 ready than i expect, i don't think ksu will run their offense through judge. the go to big will be kelly. with judge having more of a tgriffin/patillo role.

i think that the Henry's are the biggest busted...:clap:fexas-logo:

Back