Big 12 Hoops Coming to Harlem

skyvue

Reaction score
This is pretty cool.

Big 12 Conference Announces New Programming Series Coming To New York City Parks’ Iconic Rucker Park

Big 12 Coaches to Host Youth Clinics In Summer of 2023 at Park and Potential 2024 Summer Exhibition Games

IRVING, TX - In advance of the Kansas State Wildcats’ Sweet 16 appearance tonight at Madison Square Garden, the Big 12 announced today a partnership with Rucker Park, home of the world-famous playground court considered the birthplace of streetball. The partnership will see the Big 12 operate youth clinics at Rucker Park for local youth in grades six and below. The clinics will be held across multiple days and will be led by head coaches from both men’s and women’s Big 12 basketball programs. Participating coaches will be named at a later date.

Additionally, the Big 12 Conference will host men’s and women’s summer exhibition games at Rucker Park, pending NCAA approval. The Big 12 is also planning a variety of entertainment enhancements and community engagements throughout the Conference’s Rucker Park activations...

https://admin.big12sports.com/news/...o-new-york-city-parks-iconic-rucker-park.aspx

Not sure what the S-E-C is meant to say but Good news!!! is that inner city kids will get a larger exposure to a great sport whether or not OU is involved.

I think it's cool either way--the Big 12 commish seems to be just the creative thinker the conference needs. The Big 12 doing this in NYC rather than the Big East is impressive.

That said, these events take place this summer and I think OU hoops will still be competing in the Big 12 through next season, no?

Is next year the last season in the Big 12?

Sad end of an era, and something I think the university will sincerely regret one day.

Back