Big 12 Tourney OU vs osu 8:30ish CST on ESPNU

It's a shame how far beaten down the fans are and how far this program has been allowed to fall. I was hoping to challenge KU for titles and get back to Final Fours. Now, if OU made just .500 in conference it seems like most would lose their * in happiness. Utterly pathetic.

This mess needs to be completely firehosed. Clean out the program down to the last morsel. Get someone in here who can bring excitement, an exciting brand(not #789 in pace while still losing), recruit great athletes, and just generally pump some life into the program. Stay out of the sorority and fraternity houses, stop begging people to show up and start figuring out how to win basketball games. Give the fans something to show up for!

It's a shame how far beaten down the fans are and how far this program has been allowed to fall. I was hoping to challenge KU for titles and get back to Final Fours. Now, if OU made just .500 in conference it seems like most would lose their * in happiness. Utterly pathetic.

This mess needs to be completely firehosed. Clean out the program down to the last morsel. Get someone in here who can bring excitement, an exciting brand(not #789 in pace while still losing), recruit great athletes, and just generally pump some life into the program. Stay out of the sorority and fraternity houses, stop begging people to show up and start figuring out how to win basketball games. Give the fans something to show up for!

I agree. I don't know why Moser is allowed to get his token "hot seat" year before he is fired. We know how it will end. Next year will be worse. Just rip the band aid off now. It will get harder and harder each losing season.

I agree. I don't know why Moser is allowed to get his token "hot seat" year before he is fired. We know how it will end. Next year will be worse. Just rip the band aid off now. It will get harder and harder each losing season.

Because OU basketball doesnt bring in enough money. His buyout is too much.

Where has Benny been the last few weeks? He was getting some PT, suddenly none. Hurt, dog house, out of the rotation for being aggressive with the ball and scoring?

Because OU basketball doesnt bring in enough money. His buyout is too much.

Damn. Man, Joe C must have really believed Moser was the guy when he hired him. Wonder if he feels slightly embarrassed.

Where has Benny been the last few weeks? He was getting some PT, suddenly none. Hurt, dog house, out of the rotation for being aggressive with the ball and scoring?

I was actually wondering the same thing. But no matter what, Moser made the best decision for the kid and the team by not playing him all year. Giving the second best athlete on the team basically zero experience going into his sophomore year is solid coaching wisdom. Especially because Groves and Noland, the two worst athletes on the team, got plenty of pt. Moser's got the personnel stuff handled.

Last edited:
I was actually wondering the same thing. But no matter what, Moser made the best decision for the kid and the team by not playing him all year. Giving the second best athlete on the team basically zero experience going into his sophomore year is solid coaching wisdom. Especially because Groves and Noland, the two worst athletes on the team, got plenty of pt. Moser's got the personnel stuff handled.

He was hurt for the most of the offseason. He wasn’t ready.

I do agree he is one of the best athletes and offensive players on the team, though. Hopefully he sticks around because he could be very good imo.

Moser proved his elite coaching last night, starting the 2nd half with the leading scorer on the bench while his starter was 1/8 or 9 at the time.

He was hurt for the most of the offseason. He wasn’t ready.

I do agree he is one of the best athletes and offensive players on the team, though. Hopefully he sticks around because he could be very good imo.

Was there a second injury that wasn’t made public? Benny got minutes in the middle of the season and even though they were garbage time minutes, he didn’t show signs that he was hurt. That’s why it’s odd he disappeared entirely the last few weeks.

And given the fact he kept Oweh on the bench till late January, I’m not sure I trust Moser’s assessment of who is ready. I think it is more likely that he is reluctant to give freshmen a chance because he is such a control freak. He doesn’t seem to trust athletic players who don’t fit in his plodding, awful system.

that is crazy talk

if we make the dance next year with the core 4 young guys OU will be back to a bright future .

the IF should be capitalized, italicized, bolded and highlighted......cause it's a big if

Was there a second injury that wasn’t made public? Benny got minutes in the middle of the season and even though they were garbage time minutes, he didn’t show signs that he was hurt. That’s why it’s odd he disappeared entirely the last few weeks.

And given the fact he kept Oweh on the bench till late January, I’m not sure I trust Moser’s assessment of who is ready. I think it is more likely that he is reluctant to give freshmen a chance because he is such a control freak. He doesn’t seem to trust athletic players who don’t fit in his plodding, awful system.

THIS! If you don't completely "buy in" to his system you don't play. That works when your system produces wins. But his doesn't.

Back