Big Rick has entered Portal Combat

Go find a good fit big fella

I really, really like Rick. He seems like a great human from everything I have heard. Hope he goes and finds a great situation to get some PT.

He's such an impressive specimen and seemingly such a good guy, I kept hoping he'd be able to improve sufficiently to be a contributor. I wish him all the best wherever he lands.

This is the one I've been waiting for. Let's upgrade the interior!

I don’t think Rick was ever given a chance. Especially from a team that desperately needed internal defense and rim protection.

I don’t think Rick was ever given a chance. Especially from a team that desperately needed internal defense and rim protection.

do you see the oxymoron within your two statements? lol

i think a team begging for some inside help would have given someone worthy multiple chances. I don't think Rick ever earned more time on the court.

Man! I wish I had been a fly on the wall for all the coach's meetings about building for next year, and about the portal. Probably not what any of us believe to have happened.

I saw enough. Too slow, and very limited offensive game. Just picked up the game too late to be a contributor at a school like OU. Some other team might be able to let him grow on the court. OU cannot.

The kid walking on from wofford is already better than big Rick. Hope Rick has a great career and life and wish him nothing but the best.

do you see the oxymoron within your two statements? lol

i think a team begging for some inside help would have given someone worthy multiple chances. I don't think Rick ever earned more time on the court.

No…. Not really when we have a center that gets abused and a backup center that wasn’t much better. Also we had Jacob Groves , Mo, and Bijan who couldn’t keep anyone in front of them. You need a rim protector. I definitely think he could have been given spot minutes. If we go out there again with Tanner Groves as the back line of defense, the season will be bad.

I’ll be honest, Cisse from OSU is a terrible offensive basketball player. All the do is let him roam the lane and bloc shots on defense and throw lobs to him…. Just like OU did with Kur the year before. That was the hopes that Rick could be that guy. I know he’s not very skilled, but he’s a high level athlete. I’m sure he will get a chance to be a rim runner and shot blocker at a low level.

Last edited:
Tracking the coaching/staffer follows for Big Rick since the portal announcement:

John Williams - Georgia Highlands (juco) asst
Alec Daniels - Cameron (D2) asst
Greg Young - Texas-Arlington HC
Jonathan Livengood - Mineral Area (juco) asst
Tramaine Stevens - Chicago St asst/recruiting coord.
Keith Pickens - Southeast Missouri asst
Landon Lewis - Pearl River (juco) asst
Chris Santo - Vermont asst
Zack Verhuist - Chipola (juco) asst
Justin Wagner - Arkansas-Monticello (D2) asst
Michael Lecak - UC Riverside asst
Ryan Hamm - Cal St Fullerton director of basketball operations
Jayce Cravens - Seminole St (juco) asst

The kid walking on from wofford is already better than big Rick. Hope Rick has a great career and life and wish him nothing but the best.

He is. He’s better than Jacob Groves as well. He’s not walking on.

Tracking the coaching/staffer follows for Big Rick since the portal announcement:

One thing I have known for a while is that there are some stupid coaches in college basketball. Why would this kid go to Juco when I’m sure he has too many college hours. He’s been at OU since the summer of 2019. But

UT Arlington seems like a match made in heaven, isn't his GF in dallas now?

Back