Transfer Portal 2024

Is she athletic enough to hang in the SEC? She is a huge get for OU, just curious if she will be able to handle her own in the SEC (a much more athletic conference, as a whole).
Beers is a physical and strong low post presence. Great footwork and can finish at a high level with both hands. Can make a mid range jump shot. Shot 66% from the field last year so a very efficient offensive player. The PAC 12 had several high level athletic post players Brinks, Betts, Iriafan, etc and Beers had lots of success. UConn wanted her…I am sure she will have lots of success in the SEC.

Search her on YouTube and you can find highlights of her play…you can also find entire games if you want to get a full look at the entire context of her play.

Is she athletic enough to hang in the SEC? She is a huge get for OU, just curious if she will be able to handle her own in the SEC (a much more athletic conference, as a whole).
The Pac12 had more Bigs this past season ago then the SEC did, She was Good against all of them.

UCLA - Lauren Betts 6’7
Stanford - Cameron Brinks 6’5
USC had 2 bigs that were tough
Oregon had 2 bigs that were over 6’6
Washington had a decent big
Colorado had 3 bigs that were Good

Pac12 was loaded with bigs when you look at it. SEC had what Kamilla Cardoso and Angel Reece. What other bigs stood out to yall in the SEC this past season?

Tennessee had Jillian Hollingshead and Tamari Key.

Alabama had some decent time from 2 bigs.

Thats really all I can think of tbh.

We have only 2 players in the transfer portal. Kelbie Washington and Kayla Cooper.
Thanks MsProud.
So my question for SoonerCuda is why have you lesve Kiersten Johnson out of the depth chart? I felt like she was really showing some promise but of course she could not match up with the heavier bigs. Perhaps she can be an off the bench option at forward when we are playing a tall team. It is had for me to believe she would not show up in the d depth chart. An abundance of riches it seems.

Thanks MsProud.
So my question for SoonerCuda is why have you lesve Kiersten Johnson out of the depth chart? I felt like she was really showing some promise but of course she could not match up with the heavier bigs. Perhaps she can be an off the bench option at forward when we are playing a tall team. It is had for me to believe she would not show up in the d depth chart. An abundance of riches it seems.

She is in the depth chart….I just went with the shortcut name of KJ…I was just lazy when I was typing.

Wonderful news! We have room for 1 more....do we pursue anyone? I know someone said we had offered Dauda (from Arkansas) who is a 6'4 forward that can shoot well from 3pr...if we were to land her, we'd be STACKED! If not, I wonder what other type of players we've targeted out of the portal? Perhaps a PG??

I don’t believe we need a PG with Zya Vann coming in. Zya will make a immediate impact at the PG position. Smart with the ball and can SHOOT very well with midrange game and can shoot behind the arc well. She is a scoring PG, which is what we are missing IMO.
I hearing a few rumbles on Timea Gardiner. Idk if they are true tho. A 6’3 Wing/PF that play the 3 or the 4, can absolutely score and rip rebounds. I also believe its Raegan Beers best friend. If we get her or Maryam Dauda we are gonna be CRAZY!! 👊🏽😮‍💨

Let's what if the PG situation if we don't get anyone else- let me cast my vote for Reyna Scott- she is certainly the most gifted athletically of our guards, she just needs more PT, she tends to have turnovers but that can be fixed with time.

Would like to see Lexy Keys at the PG position. Other starters Beers, Vann, Verhulst and Williams.

I think R. Scott can be used in other positions than PG, she's way too sloppy with her ball handling, IMO. Keys doesn't really facilitate much, so I see her more of a 2. I say it's Tot all the way until Vann is ready, and I'm thinking/hoping she's good enough by the end of the season to take over as the starting PG going into post season.

Lexy Keys must be switching numbers. She was #15 this past season.

I don’t believe we need a PG with Zya Vann coming in. Zya will make a immediate impact at the PG position. Smart with the ball and can SHOOT very well with midrange game and can shoot behind the arc well. She is a scoring PG, which is what we are missing IMO.
I hearing a few rumbles on Timea Gardiner. Idk if they are true tho. A 6’3 Wing/PF that play the 3 or the 4, can absolutely score and rip rebounds. I also believe its Raegan Beers best friend. If we get her or Maryam Dauda we are gonna be CRAZY!! 👊🏽😮‍💨
Could Kelbie Washington not have helped us at the PG position next year? Was any reason given for her leaving??

Beers officially signed the scholarship agreements…note on this we took off the SEC logo..not July 1st yet

Have to follow SEC transfer rules throughout the Portal in all sports, but heaven-forbid we have SEC on an image.

The no logo thing is almost certainly part of our separation agreement with the Big 12. Big 12 required to treat us as a fairly as a full member until June 30 and we are to do nothing disparaging or embarrassing to the Big 12.

Back