Transfer Portal 2024

Yup. It would be HUGE if we can get a 6’1 or a little bigger Wing/guard . Like a Timea Gardiner who is 6’2 or 6’3 😩

The fact that ppl are saying Beers is 6’4 but when she was going up against the 6’7 center at Oregon and 6’7 Betts at UCLA she didn’t look much smaller then them. She gotta be 6’5 at least! She definitely can handle bigs bigger then her for sure. She did it just fine in the Pac12 🤞🏽👊🏽😏

I'm thinking of all the benefits of Beers being a Sooner:

1) Legitimate inside scoring threat
2) Great rebounder
3). Great defender against other teams inside game
4) Keeps the opponent's defense honest.
5) Allows other players who have sometimes had to play center to play their natural positions.

I'm sure there are others but those are the first ones that come to mind.

Potential depth chart…with the extra size and athleticism we will see in the SEC here is my proposed depth chart

C Beers/L Scott/Culliton/KJ/Allen
PF Sahara/Vann/L Scott/KJ/Smith
SF Vann/Verhulst/Sahara
SG Keys/Joens/Verhulst/Z Vann/R Scott
PG Verhulst/Tot/R Scott

So my proposed starting 5 is: Beers/Williams/Vann/Keys/Verhulst. I think that group gives us the size and athleticism we need to compete with the top of the SEC

I'm thinking of all the benefits of Beers being a Sooner:

1) Legitimate inside scoring threat
2) Great rebounder
3). Great defender against other teams inside game
4) Keeps the opponent's defense honest.
5) Allows other players who have sometimes had to play center to play their natural positions.

I'm sure there are others but those are the first ones that come to mind.
Another benefit is recruiting for the 25 class and Keeley Parks and Aaliyah Chavez in particular…Beers is a statement that we are going to be a top 10 type program that is capable of deep tournament runs.

Potential depth chart…with the extra size and athleticism we will see in the SEC here is my proposed depth chart

SF Vann/Verhulst/Sahara
PG Verhulst/Tot/R Scott

So my proposed starting 5 is: Beers/Williams/Vann/Keys/Verhulst. I think that group gives us the size and athleticism we need to compete with the top of the SEC
I think of Allen as a forward rather than a center. I guess because she's shown flashes of a midrange game and 3-point shooting. I don't know how that would work defensively. She had some good blocked shots when she was playing off of the opponents center.

Allen, Liz Scott, Sahara and Vann all would benefit from playing the 4 or even the 3 instead of the 5. And if KJ could improve her midrange jumper that she flashed occasionally, imagine her at the 4. Not as the starter but as a sub

Beers is HUGE. Beers does EXTREMELY well against BIGS Twice her size. And she SMART with the ball.
I think you have to put Sahara on the bench until she develops a consistent midrange game. Because her being open as many time and not taking the shots this past season won’t work in the SEC. I HOPE she put work in on her midrange game because if she can develop that, She would BE SCARY GOOD because she already strong as hell on getting rebounds and going to work against Bigs.

So I have a question for yall.
If Beers going to be #15 is Lexy Keys not returning or she switching jersey # this following season? Curious .

Is she athletic enough to hang in the SEC? She is a huge get for OU, just curious if she will be able to handle her own in the SEC (a much more athletic conference, as a whole).

Is she athletic enough to hang in the SEC? She is a huge get for OU, just curious if she will be able to handle her own in the SEC (a much more athletic conference, as a whole).
Below is the box score of their game against South Carolina in the Elite 8. They lost by 12. She was high point with 16 points, 8 rebounds, 3 blocked shots and 1 assist.

SF Vann/Verhulst/Sahara
PG Verhulst/Tot/R Scott

I do not see Kiersten Johnson. Did she transfer?

Back