Transfer Portal 2024

Any chance some of Beers' teammates might want to visit OU?

Man, neither squad seems to be able to land anyone from the Portal. I know the women's team isn't as desperate to, but still. Jennie should be a coach portal prospects should be dying to play for.

Any chance some of Beers' teammates might want to visit OU?
Van Oelhoffen announced a final four of Louisville, Colorado, USC and Kentucky. The general consensus of women's basketball followers is Gardiner will stay out on the west coast...USC and UCLA seem likely destinations...but as far as I know nobody has documented any visits for her.

Take this for what it is worth...but Beers started following Liz Scott, Reyna Scott and Aubrey Joens on instagram after this weekends visit.

Goodness, I hope this happens and it brings Beers in. She looks like she'd be a good fit and a great addition! If she came in, it'd be program changing. Just imagine if we'd had her against Indiana - we'd have won that game EASILY, since what hurt us in the 2nd half was Holmes scoring so many times, virtually uncontested. It seems JB does pay attention to some social media and perhaps even forums when fans repeatedly voice concerns over not having a real center. If she got Beers it'd be a great step in the right direction.....fingers crossed!

Would be amazing if Beers does come to Oklahoma and she convinces Timea Gardiner to come to Oklahoma with her. Both were recruited together at OSU.

the longer we go w/out an announcement from Beers or OSU's assistant coach as a hire, the more I think it may not be happening. If nothing is announced this week idk how likely it is that it'll happen at all...unfortunately.

the longer we go w/out an announcement from Beers or OSU's assistant coach as a hire, the more I think it may not be happening. If nothing is announced this week idk how likely it is that it'll happen at all...unfortunately.
That comment about the Oregon St assistant was posted on the 22nd. Today is the 24th. Hiring new assistants is seldom a fast process.

I guess not as a sure deal as we had all hoped…but still being 1 of 2 with UConn is a sign of recruiting progress

And then after I make the above post, I continue to scroll Twitter and see this encouraging tweet

Last edited:
Well Raegan Beers now follows KJ (Kierston Johnson) on IG now. She just followed her like an hour or 2 ago. Because I had just checked around 5ish and she hadn’t followed her yet. So IMO I think her decision is made. But we probably won’t know until the end of the week or beginning of next week or even soon then that.
If Jennie Baranczyk pulls this off, then JC gotta give her another BONUS!

Also I hope Jennie goes after Amina Muhammad. Would be a BIG as well. She’s in the portal out of Texas. Just announced today actually.

Back