Transfer Portal 2024

From Wichita Falls and we offered her out of high school…averaged 5 points and 4 rebounds in about 15 minutes a game last year as a freshman

I think Jenny will want a one and done meaning a senior transfer because of the massive number of top 100 kids out of Oklahoma next year.

we lose a lot of kids to graduation after this next season:

Vann, Joens, Tot, L. Scott & Keys. Will Cooper stay around and ride the bench in street clothes again next season? I believe Verhulst will have an additional season, as she only played 8 games total her sophomore year at Louisville before transferring out.

So, i believe we will have a lot of open spots available, with only Loften committed thus far for '25.

As I understand it, in basketball there isn’t a rule that lets you play a few games and still redshirt like you can in football. So unless there was an injury so Payton can claim a medical redshirt the 8 games she played at Louisville count as a year of eligibility used.

Last edited:
we lose a lot of kids to graduation after this next season:

Vann, Joens, Tot, L. Scott & Keys. Will Cooper stay around and ride the bench in street clothes again next season? I believe Verhulst will have an additional season, as she only played 8 games total her sophomore year at Louisville before transferring out.

So, i believe we will have a lot of open spots available, with only Loften committed thus far for '25.

Jenny needs to get as many of these players as possible.

Hoopgurlz 2025 National Top 60 Players from Oklahoma

#17 Keziah Lofton - Oklahoma
#19 Keeley Parks
#21 Janiah Williams
#35 Marcala Johnson - Baylor
#38 Avery Hjelmstad
#50 Sania Richardson
#58 McKenszie Mathurin - Nebraska

Prospect Nation National Top 60 Players from Oklahoma
#7 Keziah Lofton – Oklahoma
#24 Keeley Parks
#25 Janiah Williams
#27 Marcala Johnson – Baylor
#40 McKenszie Mathurin – Nebraska
#49 Avery Hjelmstad
#51 Sania Richardson
#54 Brandie Harrod

Jenny needs to get as many of these players as possible.

Hoopgurlz 2025 National Top 60 Players from Oklahoma

#17 Keziah Lofton - Oklahoma
#19 Keeley Parks
#21 Janiah Williams
#35 Marcala Johnson - Baylor
#38 Avery Hjelmstad
#50 Sania Richardson
#58 McKenszie Mathurin - Nebraska

Prospect Nation National Top 60 Players from Oklahoma
#7 Keziah Lofton – Oklahoma
#24 Keeley Parks
#25 Janiah Williams
#27 Marcala Johnson – Baylor
#40 McKenszie Mathurin – Nebraska
#49 Avery Hjelmstad
#51 Sania Richardson
#54 Brandie Harrod
Janiah Williams committed to Oregon and Avery Hjelmstad didn’t include Oklahoma in her top 8 schools list.

I know it's not an automatic extra year, but i know you can apply for an additional season (Verhulst) given that so many, many players have done so (Hughley for the men did, Gusters did it at OSU). You'd think it had to be pretty bad if she knew she was going to just throw away an entire season by playing 8 games and transferring out. I've looked it up and not gotten a clear answer except that there's a possibility of getting that year back if they apply for it. She may have been injured and 'redshirted' sitting the bench at OU, who knows!

The annual exodus from Oregon has begun…all three players were highly recruited and will have lots of big time options. Grace Van Slooten in particular would be a great fit for Jennie’s system…hope we somehow have a connection to her

I'd be okay with any of those 3, but mostly VanSlooten would be the perfect fit for JB's style and our current team. One can only dream, I suppose. I imagine they'll end up at 'blue bloods' or teams that at least made the Sweet 16, unfortunately.

Another really good player enters the portal…probably has a lot to do with Oregon St being left out of the Power conferences. I wonder if other OSU/WSU players will leave

37% from the field 33% from 3 .... ... ugh ....
I think HVL is better than she played last year…Kim tried to make her a passing point guard and she is a high usage rate shooting guard. But even with her talent I don’t think she fits Jennie’s system that wants all players to move, pass and make reads based on defensive coverage and not force usage on a specific player.

I won't be surprised if there's zero movement either way for our program. It's good that JB has kids happy and they don't want to leave, but it's also kind of crummy since some of those kids really aren't productive and we could use about 3 of them leaving in favor of more productivity...maybe up to 5. Oh well, JB always seems to get the most out of what she has, unlike a lot of other coaches out there with much more talent (Oregon, Arizona, etc. )

Back