Transfer Portal 2024

Soonercuda

Reaction score
Last edited:
From Ft Smith and it just never worked at Arkansas….6’5” and very thin but with guard skills. I think she would fit Jennie’s system.

I think she only has 1 year left so not really a fit for OU…but a good experienced guard

definitely will be a LOT of talent out there, but JB doesn't lose many players to the portal, and we only have 1-2 open spots remaining, I believe. If we bring any player in, we should focus on a player 6'3 or taller, with real ability to score. The bigs we have now just aren't good enough offensively, and while Liz Scott is good, she won't be enough in the SEC next season. Unless KJ hits the gym and really works on her shot, and Culliton works on her offense and overall confidence, we are going to be seriously lacking in that position, yet again. It'll be interesting to see what develops, fingers crossed we perform well in the NCAA tourney and can attract some legit top talent!

The exodus from Arkansas continues…she is a good tall guard/forward

Our inside bigs are really lacking as much if not more on defense than offense, as we saw against Iowa State, and one a lesser scale against OSU until we made shots and ran them to death(figuratively). Texas had inside players big enough to not like other bigs just back them down. Beatrice isn't strong enough or tall enough, and KJ isn't strong enough, she does however appear to have to potential to really take a big step next year offensively.

The annual important player(s) transferring from Hoyt has begun

I see Raoul has as expected on his portal list for OSU Kennedy Fauntleroy the Georgetown transfer who was their other high profile transfer who quit on the team in the fall semester after 5 or so games.

Another OSU transfer that transferred in during the summer was injured and is now transferring out

Strange to see so many leaving. Who do they actually have returning? Heard and Asi?? They're going to have to rehaul their roster completely! I honestly wouldn't be that hurt to see some kids on our bench leave, only if we are able to replace them with more talent. I think against ISU we definitely could have used some bench talent to help, only had 4 lousy points from the bench. Definitely would prioritize a center, or 6'3" or taller player that can do it all. There are plenty to choose from, it's just a matter of how hard JB wants them, IMO. Fingers crossed!

Strange to see so many leaving. Who do they actually have returning? Heard and Asi?? They're going to have to rehaul their roster completely! I honestly wouldn't be that hurt to see some kids on our bench leave, only if we are able to replace them with more talent. I think against ISU we definitely could have used some bench talent to help, only had 4 lousy points from the bench. Definitely would prioritize a center, or 6'3" or taller player that can do it all. There are plenty to choose from, it's just a matter of how hard JB wants them, IMO. Fingers crossed!
I think they had a lot of transfers last year, too.

Maybe when the WWW hit piece comes out she will change her mind. From her bio although she is tall she prefers to play the perimeter.

definitely will be a LOT of talent out there, but JB doesn't lose many players to the portal, and we only have 1-2 open spots remaining, I believe. If we bring any player in, we should focus on a player 6'3 or taller, with real ability to score. The bigs we have now just aren't good enough offensively, and while Liz Scott is good, she won't be enough in the SEC next season. Unless KJ hits the gym and really works on her shot, and Culliton works on her offense and overall confidence, we are going to be seriously lacking in that position, yet again. It'll be interesting to see what develops, fingers crossed we perform well in the NCAA tourney and can attract some legit top talent!
It was reported that Kelbie Washington was going to enter the portal but she isn't listed on Raoul's blog yet.

I am hoping JB goes back after the 6’5 sop center that enter out of Miami (FL) and the Gracie Merkle the 6’6 center out of Bellarmine who is GOOD. She was freshman of the year in her conference in 22/23 season but sat out the 23/24 season due to a knee injury. She will be a redshirt Sophomore I believe. Would be a HUGE addition to Oklahoma if JB could get her. Lets hope so!

Back