Transfer Portal 2024

I would like to see Johnson move to the 4. I think Beers could help Culliton.

I don't know what the SEC transfer rules are but we aren't in the SEC until July 1.
An SEC athlete can't transfer to us and play immediately. They are subject to a year sit-out period. Even though we aren't in the SEC, beginning after 1/1/24, if an athlete from, say, Auburn, wanted to transfer to OU, they would have to sit out a year. We are subject to it, even though we aren't formally in the SEC (look it up). It is asinine.

An SEC athlete can't transfer to us and play immediately. They are subject to a year sit-out period. Even though we aren't in the SEC, beginning after 1/1/24, if an athlete from, say, Auburn, wanted to transfer to OU, they would have to sit out a year. We are subject to it, even though we aren't formally in the SEC (look it up). It is asinine.
That is true only for athletes that enter into the portal after February 1st...so spring semester portal entrants can't have intra conference transfer SEC school to SEC school in football. That does not apply to basketball since there is only one portal period. Also given how courts have taken a dim view of transfer restrictions, all it will likely take is one athlete to sue the SEC for that to be found an antitrust violation.

Potential depth chart…with the extra size and athleticism we will see in the SEC here is my proposed depth chart

C Beers/L Scott/Culliton/KJ/Allen
PF Sahara/Vann/L Scott/KJ/Smith
SF Vann/Verhulst/Sahara
SG Keys/Joens/Verhulst/Z Vann/R Scott
PG Verhulst/Tot/R Scott

So my proposed starting 5 is: Beers/Williams/Vann/Keys/Verhulst. I think that group gives us the size and athleticism we need to compete with the top of the SEC
Will Jenny bench tot as the starter though? I like her but 5’3 is tough .. if ya have a 5’9 guard just as good

Will Jenny bench tot as the starter though? I like her but 5’3 is tough .. if ya have a 5’9 guard just as good
Tot is experienced and understands Jennie’s offense….but her size limits her upside. I would like to see more size in the lineup so that is my proposal…but clearly Jennie understands how to coach basketball and figure out optimal lineups much better than I do.

It will be interesting for sure to see what the starting lineup will look like. With the addition of Raegan Beers and Liz Scott returning will be interesting to see how the lineup looks. Definitely will be two solid lineup. Starting lineup then the bench first 5 lineup. With 4 extra players in the rotation.
I personally think Nevaeh Tot and Zya Vann will be running the PG position. I want to see Reyna Scott become more of a combo guard because I feel like she has the potential. I also wanna see KJ play more of 4 position this coming season.
Im excited to see what Liz Scott looks like coming back from her injury. I notice she has been putting in work in the gym. Hopefully she has a hell
Of a last ride🤞🏽

We need a spark plug type of player like that, so if she's that good then we will have some legit depth at every position, if god willing and everyone stays healthy. It's definitely the most I've looked forward to an upcoming season in some time! Just thinking of all of those games we lost on account of not having a center to defend another team's or to score easy uncontested points down low for us when our guards go cold, it'll make for one fun season!

Oregon State had a lot of recruiting success the last decade and I think it is safe to assume Chatterton was a big part of that success. So hopefully he has relationships with several 25 high level recruits to help us capitalize on our current momentum.

Because I notice some already know who they are playing next season. Like South Carolina at UCLA. Just was curious.

Does anyone know when Oklahoma WBB release their schedule? Or did they already for the 2024/2025 season?
We typically haven’t released it until September or so. Last year I started a thread with any information on our schedule and we knew 5 or 6 games from other teams announcing their schedule and we were in it before we released ours. We do know that we will play Michigan in the Jumpman Invitational that should be a few days before Christmas in Charlotte.

Back