BIG12 Championship OU vs Baylor 6pm CST ESPN

What a great second half. I didn't get to watch the end of the second half until early this morning. As strange as it sounds (and as late in the season as we are)....I'm hoping that this team has finally found their identity. The TOs still drive us all crazy, but when they play with poise, we've seen that they can play with just about anyone. We may be in or we may not be in at this point.....go ahead and win tonight to remove all doubt.

J&J (Jacob and Johnson) being in the lineup and given a chance to prove themselves has turned out wonderfully. Gibson handling the ball more has been a pleasant surprise. The team has a different face than the one they've been sporting for most of the season.

shout out to mo's bionic knee. can't believe he just rolled over and walked it off.

Can't say enough about the win.

OU had lost 8 straight to Baylor, and 10 of the last 11 (with the lone win coming via Trae Young heroics).

This is the first time OU has made the Big 12 semis since the Obama administration.

Moser won in Manhattan and got this team to Friday of the conference tournament, two things I had resigned to never seeing again. LET'S KEEP IT GOING. Texas Tech is a great team, and they still feel like they owe OU for losing pretty big in Norman, but they have not been playing their best ball of late. OU can steal another one tonight.

J&J (Jacob and Johnson) being in the lineup and given a chance to prove themselves has turned out wonderfully. Gibson handling the ball more has been a pleasant surprise. The team has a different face than the one they've been sporting for most of the season.

YES on the bolded part.

Was Cortes out for some reason, or just a coaching decision that he didn't play? Either way, we're better with Mo taking over and point and getting Johnson/Noland more minutes.

He reached clown status when he decided to pull off the worthless dunk. He hit clown hall of fame status when he raised the roof. :ez-roll:

The 90's called and they want their celebration back.:ez-laugh::ez-laugh:

And its haircut back

What a great second half. I didn't get to watch the end of the second half until early this morning. As strange as it sounds (and as late in the season as we are)....I'm hoping that this team has finally found their identity. The TOs still drive us all crazy, but when they play with poise, we've seen that they can play with just about anyone. We may be in or we may not be in at this point.....go ahead and win tonight to remove all doubt.

We blew at least 6 points in wide open layups too.. we clean that up also and keep shooting well, can def beat tech

YES on the bolded part.

Was Cortes out for some reason, or just a coaching decision that he didn't play? Either way, we're better with Mo taking over and point and getting Johnson/Noland more minutes.

IMO, I believe Moser knew that Akinjo and Flagler would wear him out both offensively (driving at will) and defensively (Cortes tends to turn the ball over). It was just a matchup problem with Cortes going up against those guys.

IMO, I believe Moser knew that Akinjo and Flagler would wear him out both offensively (driving at will) and defensively (Cortes tends to turn the ball over). It was just a matchup problem with Cortes going up against those guys.

I concur, StormSpencer! Not a great match up for Cortes. Also Gibson has taken on the PG role a lot more of late. It is great to see his progression there. He has an outside chance to make an NBA roster 1 day if he can perfect his handles. Probably too old at this point but you never know.

I concur, StormSpencer! Not a great match up for Cortes. Also Gibson has taken on the PG role a lot more of late. It is great to see his progression there. He has an outside chance to make an NBA roster 1 day if he can perfect his handles. Probably too old at this point but you never know.

I love you Tiny, but Mo will only make it to the NBA as a paying spectator. :)

I love you Tiny, but Mo will only make it to the NBA as a paying spectator. :)

Wow. A whole 12 minutes elapsed before that response came echoing through the halls of OUHoops. I'm surprised it took more than 2.

Back