BIG12 Championship OU vs Baylor 6pm CST ESPN

BoulderSooner

Owner/Operator
Reaction score
[TWEET]https://twitter.com/OU_MBBall/status/1501249481043443713?s=20&t=7ne67yf5vKbMuA9S8ICO9w[/TWEET]

NORMAN – No. 7 seed Oklahoma (17-14, 7-11 Big 12) opens the 2022 Phillips 66 Big 12 Championship Thursday, March 10 against No. 2 seed Baylor (26-5, 14-4 Big 12). It marks the third time this season the two programs will meet and the Bears have been ranked in the top 5 of the AP Poll in all three meetings.

The Sooners enter postseason play on a three-game winning streak, beating Oklahoma State, West Virginia and K-State. Umoja Gibson led the Sooners with 29 points in the regular season finale and tallied seven 3-pointers. Fellow senior Tanner Groves tallied 14 points, four rebounds and three assists in the victory and was named Big 12 Co-Newcomer of the Week for the third time after aiding the Sooners to victories over WVU and KSU.

https://soonersports.com/news/2022/...opens-big-12-championship-against-baylor.aspx

OU +8 O/U 135.5

Last edited:
Early line is Baylor -8.5 on several books.

Baylor is pretty much locked into a 1 seed and we are playing to get in, feeling good about this one.

Baylor is pretty much locked into a 1 seed and we are playing to get in, feeling good about this one.

If Kansas wins the Big 12 tournament, Baylor is definitely not locked into a top seed. Gonzaga and Arizona are the only locks. Baylor, Kansas, Kentucky, Auburn … all still in the mix for the other one seeds. In any event, the talent gap is big enough that Baylor is still a huge favorite despite the fact we are the more desperate team. We only one won game in 10 tries against the top five teams in the league. There is a reason for that.

I really don't see how you can feel that way. I'd literally rather have to beat any two other Big 12 teams, than have to beat Baylor. Just a terrible matchup for us, as seen by the first two games.

Is it impossible for OU to win? Of course not. But it probably requires Baylor coasting (which you eluded to, but I don't think it likely), or somebody like Gibson going for 30.

Baylor is a top team AND a poor matchup. That isn't a great combo for us.

If Kansas wins the Big 12 tournament, Baylor is definitely not locked into a top seed. Gonzaga and Arizona are the only locks. Baylor, Kansas, Kentucky, Auburn … all still in the mix for the other one seeds. In any event, the talent gap is big enough that Baylor is still a huge favorite despite the fact we are the more desperate team. We only one won game in 10 tries against the top five teams in the league. There is a reason for that.

Baylor has 18 quad 1 and 2 wins, way more than any other team.

Doing my best Deano, i give us a 15% chance. But why not just win the thing?

I really don't see how you can feel that way. I'd literally rather have to beat any two other Big 12 teams, than have to beat Baylor. Just a terrible matchup for us, as seen by the first two games.

Is it impossible for OU to win? Of course not. But it probably requires Baylor coasting (which you eluded to, but I don't think it likely), or somebody like Gibson going for 30.

Baylor is a top team AND a poor matchup. That isn't a great combo for us.

We played em pretty well in waco and nothing went right for us in norman. We'll see, just feel good about it. Just think we will play with great effort and baylor will go through the motions. I could be wrong.

I don't think Baylor will be going through the motions at all. They have a lot to gain. If they make a run in the Big 12 tournament they will be a number 1 seed. If they lose to us they might slip to a number 2 seed.

I don't think Baylor will be going through the motions at all. They have a lot to gain. If they make a run in the Big 12 tournament they will be a number 1 seed. If they lose to us they might slip to a number 2 seed.

Well, they aren’t going to PURPOSELY go through the motions. I think the hope is that it’s been a long grind for the past two years. Subconsciously they know the B12 Tourney isn’t a huge difference maker for them. It’s one of those things where maybe you hope they just find it difficult to drum up the proper energy for OU, especially considering they handled us twice this year without much trouble. Maybe OU gets off to a good start and Baylor just doesn’t have it in them to dig all the way down, knowing the much larger prize awaits next week. Extra rest for a team like Baylor is also not a horrible thing. This will absolutely NOT be something that Baylor talks about or discusses, but human nature and all. I really don’t give us much of a chance tomorrow night, but if we do pull it off it will likely have to come with some help from Baylor in the form of some lethargy.

LFG Sooners!!!!

We need an out of body experience in our favor tomorrow.

Well, they aren’t going to PURPOSELY go through the motions. I think the hope is that it’s been a long grind for the past two years. Subconsciously they know the B12 Tourney isn’t a huge difference maker for them. It’s one of those things where maybe you hope they just find it difficult to drum up the proper energy for OU, especially considering they handled us twice this year without much trouble. Maybe OU gets off to a good start and Baylor just doesn’t have it in them to dig all the way down, knowing the much larger prize awaits next week. Extra rest for a team like Baylor is also not a horrible thing. This will absolutely NOT be something that Baylor talks about or discusses, but human nature and all. I really don’t give us much of a chance tomorrow night, but if we do pull it off it will likely have to come with some help from Baylor in the form of some lethargy.

My point is that they have plenty of motivation. I think Scott Drew is an excellent coach and will make sure his team is ready to play.

My point is that they have plenty of motivation. I think Scott Drew is an excellent coach and will make sure his team is ready to play.

Well, it’s out only prayer. If Baylor plays well, we have a 0% chance to win.

Depth is going to be the big question. They're playing 7 dudes right now. They're all good ... but foul trouble, a minor injury, one person off his game. They won't have the same margin for error they had earlier in the season.

I know we need multiple guys to play well but if Hill could have a 15 and 8 type of game I like our chances.

Back