#21 OU @ #12 Baylor 8pm CST on ESPN2

The offensive system is abysmal and worse yet, I don’t think the guys on the roster fit it very well. He was very open about changing the offense to match the athletes he brought in but that has not show up in conference play. Right now the offense looks the exact same as last years.
What is our offense? I don’t even know. One guy dribbles and gets a screen and then maybe there’s a handoff and everyone else stands around and watches??? It’s terrible.

still close to 90%
barttorvik has us at 92% chance for the tournament. (7 seed)

I flipped on Soares and Moore and have admitted as much. I expected that they would be athletic but not good basketball players. Turns out, they are both.

I agree to some extent that it’s fair to change opinions as more games are played, but I also think if you watched the noncon games closely and didn’t get caught up in the scores, you could see a lot of the underlying issues that are giving us trouble now that we are playing better teams. We were turning it over too often, didn’t have much shooting, and it was obvious that our inside play would be a challenge.

Like I said last night, if we finish above, or even at, .500, I’ll eat crow and acknowledge that is a very solid season for this team given the quality of the league. But other than the BYU game, we haven’t been playing well enough over the past three weeks to make me think 3 more wins are likely.
KSU game keeps getting forgotten as well. 20 pt win on the road. (that was within the last 3 weeks)

I will fully admit I thought we would run-out a lot more than what we are doing. Oweh thrived in transition offense, pushing the ball up the floor and immediately attacking the basket. He has a missing persons sticker on some milk out there for him.
Uzan is turning it over way too much and JM has regressed in conf play. That rounds out our 1-3.
Our inside game is lacking as well, Godwin is a G5 starter, not P5 IMHO.

That being said, Moore and Soares have exceeded my expectations and may be the best pieces of this team right now.
We also just played the #12 team, on the road, without our backup big and our starting 4 is recovering from the flu. Not to mention, Baylor shot 55%/53%/75% splits...that is a mountain we were not going to overcome, now matter how you sliced. (Oh and we only lost by 17...felt like it could have been 30)

Not to mention we are still a Top30 team, 6-6 in conference, and pushing for a top half finish when we were voted to finish 12th out of 14 teams.
Think about that...projected to be UCF this year.

KSU game keeps getting forgotten as well. 20 pt win on the road. (that was within the last 3 weeks)

I will fully admit I thought we would run-out a lot more than what we are doing. Oweh thrived in transition offense, pushing the ball up the floor and immediately attacking the basket. He has a missing persons sticker on some milk out there for him.
Uzan is turning it over way too much and JM has regressed in conf play. That rounds out our 1-3.

That being said, Moore and Soares have exceeded my expectations and may be the best pieces of this team right now.
We also just played the #12 team, on the road, without our backup big and our starting 4 is recovering from the flu. Not to mention, Baylor shot 55%/53%/75% splits...that is a mountain we were not going to overcome, now matter how you sliced. (Oh and we only lost by 17...felt like it could have been 30)

Not to mention we are still a Top30 team, 6-6 in conference, and pushing for a top half finish when we were voted to finish 12th out of 14 teams.
The pace thing to me is an example of why I just don’t trust Moser. He knows how to say all the right things in news conferences and interviews to keep a segment of the fan base on his side. He talks about running and DCO and upgrading the talent and building a culture and on and on, but once the ball is tipped against good teams, he reverts to his usual style of play. I have no idea how he thinks a defense that doesn’t look to create turnovers will create offense.

As for the standings, so far, it is better than projected. But we are only one loss ahead of the two teams currently tied for 11th, and with our remaining schedule, I won’t be shocked if we end up in the 10 or 11 range. OSU is really bad and WVU lost their coach (rightfully so) late in the offseason, so I sure hope we end up finishing in front of more than just those teams and maybe one of the new teams.

92% if the season ended today...

Our starting 1 2 3 and 5 have all gone into a funk. Moore has been a fun surprise all year. Soares is balling (now hurt) and darthard has improved. Hugley is still just not there yet in shape.

Not optimistic..

92% if the season ended today...

Our starting 1 2 3 and 5 have all gone into a funk. Moore has been a fun surprise all year. Soares is balling (now hurt) and darthard has improved. Hugley is still just not there yet in shape.

Not optimistic..
Wasnt able to watch last night... not sure I will.

Hugley could be out a bit i hear?

funny business gentlemen...

Getting some Lincoln Riley vibes around the program.
Minus the winning, of course. I kid, I kid. :)

I could certainly understand if guys are wondering why their coach has been rumored to be considering leaving for lesser jobs for two straight seasons. If, and I stress, if, there’s any truth to it, Joe needs to be prepared to pull the plug as soon as the season ends.

I could certainly understand if guys are wondering why their coach has been rumored to be considering leaving for lesser jobs for two straight seasons. If, and I stress, if, there’s any truth to it, Joe needs to be prepared to pull the plug as soon as the season ends.
More like, he needs to be ready for a backup plan and make sure we get that buyout money.

Getting some Lincoln Riley vibes around the program.

I could certainly understand if guys are wondering why their coach has been rumored to be considering leaving for lesser jobs for two straight seasons. If, and I stress, if, there’s any truth to it, Joe needs to be prepared to pull the plug
More like, he needs to be ready for a backup plan and make sure we get that buyout money.
That would be the best outcome, but if PM decides not to leave voluntarily, and/or no one else wants him, Joe may need to bite the bullet. It's one thing if you have a great coach who is always rumored for blue blood jobs or NBA gigs, but a mediocre coach shopping himself to mid majors . . . no thanks!

This is uncharted territory for our basketball program. I'm no fan of Moser but without a new arena and more support from administration we aren't going to be able to keep anyone.
I think the support and (maybe) arena will come with winning. Maybe that seems backwards but it’s the truth. But that doesn’t mean it’s impossible.

At one point in this season, we played good defense. That appears to be long gone. Add a stale offense with poor ball movement and a lot of one on one crap, it’s a recipe for disaster.

What is Mosers system? I guess I thought the offense would at least be more efficient and less one guy trying to dribble past 4 defenders. The most disappointing thing for me tho, is defense. I really thought, if nothing else, we could hang our hat on playing tough defense.
because of one game lol?
The LOL is because you think it’s just based on one game.

I think the support and (maybe) arena will come with winning. Maybe that seems backwards but it’s the truth. But that doesn’t mean it’s impossible.

I don’t think so. The LNC has been needing replaced for 20+ years. We have had great years since then and the fanbase just doesn’t care about being great at basketball.

Between this and the injuries I’d say the season is done.
Man I would hope the team isn't that fragile. We have had remarkably good injury luck under Moser. If we can't overcome one, maybe two injuries and get the two more wins we need, that shows how far away we are from being on solid footing. Soares has been playing very well, but Hugley has been a role player and not exactly lighting the world on fire. Lots of teams deal with injuries. If Soares is out, one would hope that at least one of the three guards who start in front of him could raise their game to a Big 12 level.

BTW, I don't disagree with your pessimism. I just hope against hope this doesn't become the latest excuse for losing.

Back