#21 OU @ #12 Baylor 8pm CST on ESPN2

if OU wins Sat they will be ranked ..
Have to disagree a little on this one....unless we roll KU, which I don't see happening. We are not a top 25 team at this point, but you can make a good argument for this team being top 30-35 for sure. I'm trying not to be down on this team at this point, but it has been fairly disappointing after the great start....most notably a certain couple of players. I guess my expectations got a little out of whack. We are what we are.....a middle of the pack team in the best conference in the country. We "should" make the tournament and have a decent chance to win a 1st round game.....that should be the expectation/ceiling at this point for this year.

Moving forward, I have some optimism (I think the talent and athleticism are somewhat improving), but I also have some concerns (getting the right guys for the system and an absolute lack of fundamentals/poor situational awareness for the third straight year). I think we are trending up, but we get a little momentum and then like clockwork.....crap down our leg. Again, we are what we are.

Have to disagree a little on this one....unless we roll KU, which I don't see happening. We are not a top 25 team at this point, but you can make a good argument for this team being top 30-35 for sure. I'm trying not to be down on this team at this point, but it has been fairly disappointing after the great start....most notably a certain couple of players. I guess my expectations got a little out of whack. We are what we are.....a middle of the pack team in the best conference in the country. We "should" make the tournament and have a decent chance to win a 1st round game.....that should be the expectation/ceiling at this point for this year.

Moving forward, I have some optimism (I think the talent and athleticism are somewhat improving), but I also have some concerns (getting the right guys for the system and an absolute lack of fundamentals/poor situational awareness for the third straight year). I think we are trending up, but we get a little momentum and then like clockwork.....crap down our leg. Again, we are what we are.
I don’t think your expectations got out of whack. I mean unless you thought this was a top 10 team. But the talent is there to be top 25.

I wouldn't bet any money on winning in the tournament. My goal right now is making it and playing a competitive game in the tourney. Idk if well even make the tourney..

Just curious, after this loss, what do y’all think tourney chances are? Let’s assume Soares and Hughley back soon

Just curious, after this loss, what do y’all think tourney chances are? Let’s assume Soares and Hughley back soon
This loss to Baylor sucks but I don’t think it drops OU that much. KU is probably a loss but then OU gets a week off. I think that will help. I think they’ll beat OSU in Stillwater. They’ll probably lose to ISU and then may not score more than 10 points against Houston. That leaves Cincinnati and at Texas. I think they’ll pick up one of those. That puts them at 20 wins and probably an 8 seed. I think that’s what will most likely happen.

This loss to Baylor sucks but I don’t think it drops OU that much. KU is probably a loss but then OU gets a week off. I think that will help. I think they’ll beat OSU in Stillwater. They’ll probably lose to ISU and then may not score more than 10 points against Houston. That leaves Cincinnati and at Texas. I think they’ll pick up one of those. That puts them at 20 wins and probably an 8 seed. I think that’s what will most likely happen.
I'm on board with this.

Have to disagree a little on this one....unless we roll KU, which I don't see happening. We are not a top 25 team at this point,

If OU beats KU by 1 on a last second prayer .. .. they will be in the top 25 next monday ... there is almost no doubt about that

Maybe the team can rally around Soares’ injury and come out with a little more fire than we’ve seen.

Welp.. 4/6 (66%) of our losses in conference were by double digits.. it would be 5/6 (83%) if we had lost by 10 instead of 9 to TCU.

I'm just not a Moser guy anymore. There is enough talent on this team to challenge almost every single team every single night. Sure a 10+ or even 20+ will happen (like tonight when a team is on fire) and probably did under good coaches like Sampson.. but Moser actually gets nice HS talent on paper, but he does not make a player or the team get better imo

Idk.. maybe the big 12 is the toughest league ever and were doing okay. I just am pessimistic
The talent clearly is not up to par. It’s pretty evident

5 of 6 league losses noncompetitive. For those enamored with rankings, I hope you enjoyed it because we won’t be ranked again the rest of the season after this week. KU will beat us again in our gym, and that .500 record and ranking will be both be nothing but memories.
I did enjoy it, unlike some

We will 100% be ranked if we beat kansas

Back