#21 OU @ #12 Baylor 8pm CST on ESPN2

5 of 6 league losses noncompetitive. For those enamored with rankings, I hope you enjoyed it because we won’t be ranked again the rest of the season after this week. KU will beat us again in our gym, and that .500 record and ranking will be both be nothing but memories.

Oweh and McCollum since the 3rd week of January just aren't giving this team a chance to win on a lot of nights. Frustrating when you need your best players to get better these 2 guys have disappeared.
This right here. A lot of blame to go around but we all knew those guy would have to play well for OU to be competitive in the Big 12 every night. And they’ve just disappeared too many times.

Oweh and McCollum since the 3rd week of January just aren't giving this team a chance to win on a lot of nights. Frustrating when you need your best players to get better these 2 guys have disappeared.
Are they our best players though?

5 of 6 league losses noncompetitive. For those enamored with rankings, I hope you enjoyed it because we won’t be ranked again the rest of the season after this week. KU will beat us again in our gym, and that .500 record and ranking will be both be nothing but memories.
OU texas was absolutely competitive ...

Welp.. 4/6 (66%) of our losses in conference were by double digits.. it would be 5/6 (83%) if we had lost by 10 instead of 9 to TCU.

I'm just not a Moser guy anymore. There is enough talent on this team to challenge almost every single team every single night. Sure a 10+ or even 20+ will happen (like tonight when a team is on fire) and probably did under good coaches like Sampson.. but Moser actually gets nice HS talent on paper, but he does not make a player or the team get better imo

Idk.. maybe the big 12 is the toughest league ever and were doing okay. I just am pessimistic
I disagree on talent.....I think we need a substantial upgrade. We have some nice players, but that's about it. Maybe we can hit the lottery with one or two of these HS kids that have been brought in, but as we see tonight, Baylor's guards absolutely toyed with us.

if OU wins Sat they will be ranked ..

I disagree on talent.....I think we need a substantial upgrade. We have some nice players, but that's about it. Maybe we can hit the lottery with one or two of these HS kids that have been brought in, but as we see tonight, Baylor's guards absolutely toyed with us.
we need more talent to compete with the likes of this baylor team for sure ..

they have 2 likely lotto picks and vet guards ..

also NOT oweh's first FG tonight ..

This should be a good chance to beat KU in Norman. But I agree the odds are low. I see nothing that makes me think we have the mentality to win and if we are short handed it is a lost cause.

Back