#9 OU @ TCU 8pm CST on ESPN2

not that plus minus is everything but Godwin was +9 tonight Oweh +5
Sadly Godwin had 0 chance tonight. Damage was done with the foul calls.

I like the idea of Cooper getting some minutes but probably best to get his feet wet @ home. Nights like tonight not having another option for Darthard really hurt.

The time to see Cooper was in noncon. What has he done when he has played to show he's ready to contribute in conference? Darthard and Soares had rough games tonight, but there have been games in which they were major contributors.

When they took away JM’s three it just deflated the whole team. That was the big turning point.
Awful call. The ref saw what he wanted to see and not what happened. But there were probably too many other bad calls and bad plays from us for that one to be a difference maker. And if that deflated us then we have to be tougher

Agree with all but Maks isn't a player. Put in cooper
Fine with that too. I'm at the point, where I'd prefer anyone else.

Looking at Darthard's stats against the high major teams we've played this year (Iowa, USC, Providence, Ark, UNC, ISU, TCU) he is 7/29 from 3 ~ 24%. That is not going to cut it with how wide open his shots are.

The time to see Cooper was in noncon. What has he done when he has played to show he's ready to contribute in conference? Darthard and Soares had rough games tonight, but there have been games in which they were major contributors.
Hoping Coop continues working hard and improving in practice and then gets his shot. Just like Oweh did last year.

Fine with that too. I'm at the point, where I'd prefer anyone else.

Looking at Darthard's stats against the high major teams we've played this year (Iowa, USC, Providence, Ark, UNC, ISU, TCU) he is 7/29 from 3 ~ 24%. That is not going to cut it with how wide open his shots are.
Well hes 35% on the year.. but if hes 0-4 in a game, i wonder if cooper should be shooting those next 2 3's instead of darthard proceeding to 0-6.. we shouldn't overreact too much from 1 game, but i think cooper needs to start getting some real minutes in real games

I was actually a little more impressed with Hugley tonight. I think we need to try to work the ball in to him in the post a bit more.
He had great touch tonight shooting. But hes almost an instant TO, or near-TO, every time he dribbles.. hes pretty sloppy

He had great touch tonight shooting. But hes almost an instant TO, or near-TO, every time he dribbles.. hes pretty sloppy
Agreed! Gotta get him in the right spots. But there's potential. He's a decent passer too so that adds an extra dimension to the offense if he can operate with the ball on the block or hi post.

Oweh being basically a no show hurts. That's 14ppg not being made up by anyone else.

Last edited:
I'm pretty down, but not defeated. There are multiple things in this game that are correctable. We got lost on so many switches (more than any other game this year), that it led to at least 10 easy points. Soares and Moore especially are way too loose with the ball. I cringe when they drive because I feel like they are going to lose it every other time. Los needs to look to score more when he drives, although he is not looking good from deep. McCollum had a bad first half, but was much better in the 2nd. Sometimes things are out of your control, but Sam has to stay out of foul trouble. We were killing them early with the pick and role. As someone mentioned above, I'm all for Cooper getting some of Darthard's minutes.

Things that aren't correctable.....we aren't going to grow 2-3 inches and gain 10 pounds of muscle overnight. We are a small team, and that is a disadvantage in this conference. The equalizer here is you have to be tough. Most of Kelvin's teams weren't all that big, but damn they were tough. We need more of that component.

I didn't get to watch the game but it sounds like TCU may be a tough matchup for OU. Sounds like the team wasn't ready for the toughness/physicality of TCU. OU is going to take their lumps in conference...everybody is. Just gotta win the home games, and steal one or two on the road. This team can do that. @TCU and @Kansas may be the toughest two game stretch of the season. But then they HAVE to beat West Virginia at home to be sitting at 2-2 going into late January.

Oweh being basically a now show hurts. That's 14ppg not being made up by anyone else.
Yeah, I hope he can adjust to conference play and get going. OU is SO much better when he's playing well.

Back