OU vs #1 Houston 7pm CST on ESPN2

BoulderSooner

Owner/Operator
Reaction score
If you don't have ESPN2 you can watch with FUBO and help out OklahomaHoops.com
https://www.fubo.tv/welcome?irad=343747&irmp=4182978 FREE preview

NORMAN – RV/RV Oklahoma men's basketball hosts No. 1/1 Houston on Saturday, March 2. Tip is at 7:05 p.m. CT inside Lloyd Noble Center. The Big 12 conference contest will air on the Sooner Sports Radio Network (KRXO 107.7 FM The Franchise in Oklahoma City; KTBZ 1430 AM in Tulsa; Varsity Radio App) with Toby Rowland and Kevin Henry announcing and be broadcast by ESPN2 with Rich Hollenberg (PxP) and Chris Spatola (analyst) on the call.

OU +6.5 o/u 129.5

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing Kelvin’s presser. He is one of my favorites but boy do I want to beat him on Saturday.

Great man and coach. He is the enemy now, though!

OU will be fortunate to score in the 40’s. It might be worse than that.
I don’t mean to sound facetious when I say OU may not score more than 40 points. Kelvin will have his team ready to play. I don’t think Moser will.

Does anyone know the last time OU scored less than 40?
I tried to use chat gpt but it was giving incorrect information

Does anyone know the last time OU scored less than 40?
I tried to use chat gpt but it was giving incorrect information
I could have missed some because I was just scrolling through soonerstats seasons but looks like feb of 2004 @ texas. We scored 37 points

We shot 25% from the field and were 1/21 from three and 8/15 from FT.

I don’t mean to sound facetious when I say OU may not score more than 40 points. Kelvin will have his team ready to play. I don’t think Moser will.
I actually think there is likely some regression to the mean after Wednesday’s awful performance. I could see us getting a boost early in the game because we will be fired up and the crowd should be into the game at the outset. I fully expect another ugly, painful-to-watch outing, but I do think we will probably make it to the low 50s. Also, it seems like a lot of times, teams struggle a bit in their first road game after becoming number one. Houston has played a lot of great teams lately and has KU at home next week, and you know that’s been circled since their blowout In Lawrence. Maybe they come out just a tiny bit flat tomorrow and it allows us to hang around.

Big fan of Kelvin. He really cared about OU. He always got the best effort out of his players. His team alway surprised and beat them that were ranked higher than them i.e. Lute Olson Arizona team. That is something Moser team can't.

Big fan of Kelvin. He really cared about OU. He always got the best effort out of his players. His team alway surprised and beat them that were ranked higher than them i.e. Lute Olson Arizona team. That is something Moser team can't.
One thing that you can't say about this team is that they don't give effort.
Also, Moser has also beat teams ranked higher than his team

This Year: USC, ISU, BYU
Last Year: Alabama, KSU, ISU, TCU
1st Year: Florida, Arkansas, ISU, Tech, Baylor

What about all the first round losses to underdogs (like Fran’s manhantten team) which happened before that Arizona game? We lost to an underdog in Indiana in the final 4. Lost to syracuse the following year when we were the 1 seed. Lost to Wisconsin Milwaukee in the 1st round a few years later.

I love Kelvin and wish he never left ou. But he definitely had some extremely disappointing performances in the big dance.

In Big 12 play, Houston has yet to win a road game by more than 7 points. It's going to be similar game to the one on Wednesday. First one to 60 might win it.

If we play with the same toughness we had on Wednesday but without the stupid dribbling into double teams and horrific shooting we have a chance. It is not a great chance but it is a chance.

I am not as down on the ISU game as some. I saw some things I really liked. That does not include playing pathetically on offense for the entire game but we were still in it until we got completely tired and finally gave up some easy buckets.

Hopefully we can find some gaps in Houston’s D, take care of the ball, and make some shots because we can give Houston some trouble if we do. I am expecting another blood bath and we are not going to beat them unless we give them more bruises than we get from them.

Back