OU vs #1 Houston 7pm CST on ESPN2

The next day: I'm still gutted. I could not be more proud of the effort and grit displayed by our team last night. Aggravates me that we expend it against #1 while it appears we sleep walk against lesser competition. Bottle up what we put on the floor last night and we don't get trounced by UT. We don't blow the lead against Tech. We actually arrive in Orlando.

Oh well. Hell of a game.
Great thoughts. I believe Moser to a good big game coach. I think he’s at his best when the underdog. I think back to 2021 Arkansas game, or the Baylor game later in that season. Or the Alabama game last year.

The issue is consistency. Can his teams put out a good product night in night out? Unfortunately not.

Great thoughts. I believe Moser to a good big game coach. I think he’s at his best when the underdog. I think back to 2021 Arkansas game, or the Baylor game later in that season. Or the Alabama game last year.

The issue is consistency. Can his teams put out a good product night in night out? Unfortunately not.
That may be overselling how he does as the underdog. Sure, it happens a time or two per season, but we also have gotten drummed several times as an underdog this season. It seems like maybe he is at his best when things look especially bleak. Wednesday was a horrid offensive game and many/most people thought last night would be more of the same. That’s why I posted that I thought we would probably play better than expected last night. But as you say, the issue is, can we play that way more than a couple times a year? Can we even follow it up Tuesday with another good game? The single most disappointing game last year was the home debacle against OSU immediately following the Bama game.

Back