OU vs #1 Houston 7pm CST on ESPN2

That team finished very strong, which has been the case for most of Moser's teams over the past 6 years. I hope tonight was a sign of things to come. Devastating finish, and moral victories don't help the resume, but I just can't be doom and gloom about a game against #1 being decided by a buzzer beater. If we drop our last three games and miss the tourney, I'll join the pouting party and be ready to pull the plug on Moser. I don't think that's how the story ends.
I just can't see how you'd put your entire opinion on whether Moser should be retained on ONE game. Us winning or losing against Cincy Tuesday doesn't change the trajectory of our program once bit. Just like winning last night likely wouldn't have either. They are both, ONE game.

I'm looking at almost 3 full seasons of data when I say I want Moser gone. Actually, I'm partially basing it on his nearly 20 full seasons as a HC. Him winning or losing Tuesday night doesn't change that. For me at least.

Should have pulled it out but so on point for wt, wichita and the others to show up when it's a loss

I've been posting for a bit now, and I was in the game thread most all night. I literally STOPPED posting when the game ended and we lost. YOU and your clown posse are the ones up until the wee hours of the morning throwing jabs at posters that aren't even online.

If you say so. You think youre going to change his mind or yours? Both of you let it go geez.

I'm not the one showing up hours after the games, posting clown-**** in the early morning hours when nobody else is online.

I just can't see how you'd put your entire opinion on whether Moser should be retained on ONE game.

Who said anything about one game? I literally just said the final 3 games.

My goal would be to retain Moser for one more season, retain our core, add a quality 5, and have season 4 be the deciding year. If we finish the season losing 5 straight, the wheels are falling off, and it feels like we can't retain our core guys, then yes -- time to reconsider. At no point did I say anything about one game.

I just can't see how you'd put your entire opinion on whether Moser should be retained on ONE game. Us winning or losing against Cincy Tuesday doesn't change the trajectory of our program once bit. Just like winning last night likely wouldn't have either. They are both, ONE game.

I'm looking at almost 3 full seasons of data when I say I want Moser gone. Actually, I'm partially basing it on his nearly 20 full seasons as a HC. Him winning or losing Tuesday night doesn't change that. For me at least.
I would push back alittle. If they win Tuesday then they make the tournament. I think it’s a pretty big deal for the program if OU makes the tournament this year. I think Moser has accumulated a lot of talent. If OU makes the tournament then it will be so much easier to keep that talent around for next year. And that alone is enough for him to get one more year imo. We cannot deny that progress has been made this year. NIL, fan support, athleticism is up. Moser needs to capitalize on the successes of this year.

Now, if Moser and the team do not capitalize on the success and miss the tournament there is no reason to keep him for another year. I would predict that a lot of the roster will transfer and Moser will have to start from scratch. If we’re going to start from scratch again I’d like for it to be with a different coach this time.

I would push back alittle. If they win Tuesday then they make the tournament. I think it’s a pretty big deal for the program if OU makes the tournament this year. I think Moser has accumulated a lot of talent. If OU makes the tournament then it will be so much easier to keep that talent around for next year. And that alone is enough for him to get one more year imo. We cannot deny that progress has been made this year. NIL, fan support, athleticism is up. Moser needs to capitalize on the successes of this year.

Now, if Moser and the team do not capitalize on the success and miss the tournament there is no reason to keep him for another year. I would predict that a lot of the roster will transfer and Moser will have to start from scratch. If we’re going to start from scratch again I’d like for it to be with a different coach this time.

My thoughts exactly.

Who said anything about one game? I literally just said the final 3 games.

My goal would be to retain Moser for one more season, retain our core, add a quality 5, and have season 4 be the deciding year. If we finish the season losing 5 straight, the wheels are falling off, and it feels like we can't retain our core guys, then yes -- time to reconsider. At no point did I say anything about one game.
Fair enough, but you are implying we need to win ONE more game to sneak* into the Dance. That is what I meant by ONE game.

Put another way, 1-2 or 0-3, or even 2-1 if we're counting the first round of the Big 12 Tourney doesn't change anything for me.

*Some of you all won't like the term sneak, but regardless of seed, if you needed one final win to get into the Dance, you barely got in.

I just don't think making the Tourney by one game or missing by one game changes the long-term outlook for OU under Moser.

Sure, it makes this season better and improves Moser's "resume" at OU, but does it really change the long-term outlook? Heck, there is still a chance Moser leaves OU on his own accord this offseason. Or next. Or whenever he feels the heat again. His family not loving this part of the country isn't going to change.

Talent - We may have accumulated a lot of it, but a) I'm not seeing much of it improve/develop, and b) we're still going to have some pretty major holes to fill next year. And if Cooper couldn't be ready to contribute at this point in the season, I'm not sure how anybody thinks he (Cooper), Cole, or either of the two freshman will be any better next year. We have to replace our best player in Soares. May or may not have to replace JM, but I'm not sure I'd expect him to be much better next year. And the SEC is a more athletic conference than the Big 12. Maybe not better, but we'll see bigger/stronger players there. That doesn't bode well for JM, IMO.

Transfers - Even if some/most of the roster transfers, if we make a good coaching hire, early enough in the process (that's important), that should be a wash. All teams lose talent these days. Good coaches will come in with a plan and execute to build a roster they can win with. There are a lot of examples of that. And I wouldn't be so sure we'd lose a bunch of guys. Some of these guys are from Oklahoma. Some would have trouble transferring and being eligible. There is just no way to know who stays and who goes.

For me it boils down to the fact that I don't think Moser is the long-term solution for OU, and I'd like to see us go find that solution sooner rather than later. Let the new coach start building his program for the move to the SEC, not come in a year or two down the line. That's just my opinion.

Fair enough, but you are implying we need to win ONE more game to sneak* into the Dance. That is what I meant by ONE game.

Another win would make it about 20 wins. Not 1.

I'm otherwise would have been fine with 19 wins and a tourney appearance. If we end the season on a 5 game losing streak, I'm not optimistic we retain our core guys, and at that point, I'm ready to tear it down.

Another win would make it about 20 wins. Not 1.

I'm otherwise would have been fine with 19 wins and a tourney appearance. If we end the season on a 5 game losing streak, I'm not optimistic we retain our core guys, and at that point, I'm ready to tear it down.
You literally said:

If we drop our last three games and miss the tourney, I'll join the pouting party and be ready to pull the plug on Moser.

Does that not mean that you are 100% on board with keeping Moser if we win just one more game and make the Dance? That is literally what you said. YOUR words.

I get that you don't like me, but you don't get to reinvent the English language to create an argument that doesn't exist. YOU said it. Not me.

I want us to win out, and I want Moser to keep more of the core and improve every year. The team is *really* fun to watch in person when I make it down here (*Alabama last year, Houston and Cincy this year) .. but of course I really want to see consistent top 3 finishes in conference, an unbroken streak of high seeds, a couple of FinalFours (we are due one by 2030 lol) and finally an NC. I think he can do most of that, but maybe not. If we go backward next year then maybe we ditch JoeC and get an AD who gives a * about mens bball. Or JoeC luck's out like he did with Stoops and we get the ghost of Billy Tubbs (or Sampson). People are campaigning for Kellen on the other sites, and yet I can't name a "son of a Hall of Famer" who was worth hiring off the top of my memory.

You literally said:

If we drop our last three games and miss the tourney, I'll join the pouting party and be ready to pull the plug on Moser.

I'm very aware of what I said. I said absolutely nothing about one game deciding his fate. Please see the part that I put in bold. Three does not equal one.

that's my next OU BB coach - Coach Hollis Price.

Attachments

• IMG_6091.HEIC.jpeg
    IMG_6091.HEIC.jpeg
    801.1 KB · Views: 8
Back