OU vs #1 Houston 7pm CST on ESPN2

I seriously doubt we can keep Moore. There will be a lot of teams coming for him.

I seriously doubt we can keep Moore. There will be a lot of teams coming for him.
Agree. I expect most our guys to be gone, frankly, either because they get offers from better programs or they want a new start after a terrible season (Los and Oweh).

that's my next OU BB coach - Coach Hollis Price.

Would happily bring him on as an assistant. My dream would be for Quannas to come in as lead assistant, with the opportunity to eventually become our head coach if he does well (but not a guarantee HC in waiting).

Some former players were cheering against OU? I highly doubt that. I can believe they were sitting in Sampson seats and being neutral yesterday, but not actively rooting against OU.
ace was one. yanish i believe was the other. yo had both gear on. johnnie gilbert a real one forever.

Won't he have to sit a year if he transfers? That may save OU.
I don't think so. It'd be his first transfer, so he could play immediately. Sounds like the SEC has a rule about transferring within conference and sitting a year, so he'd likely be subject to that.

I don't think so. It'd be his first transfer, so he could play immediately. Sounds like the SEC has a rule about transferring within conference and sitting a year, so he'd likely be subject to that.

Moore transferred here from GA Tech.

Moore transferred here from GA Tech.
That's what I thought. I actually think he'll stay. I think he's got about the best role on a team he could ask for. I don't like to speculate but I do think Oweh will be gone.

That's what I thought. I actually think he'll stay. I think he's got about the best role on a team he could ask for. I don't like to speculate but I do think Oweh will be gone.
I thought we were talking about Uzan. The post above yours (also yours) referenced him (Uzan) being Portal-bound, didn't catch that the one I replied to was talking about Moore.

I'd think he would have to sit out a year, but who knows with the NCAA these days.

luke to me is a starter and i wonder if hughley would be ok being the backup. do everything legal to keep jalon and javian. it will be so depressing losing this year’s and last year’s recruiting class along with those guys.

luke to me is a starter and i wonder if hughley would be ok being the backup. do everything legal to keep jalon and javian. it will be so depressing losing this year’s and last year’s recruiting class along with those guys.
I don't know why everybody assumes we'd lose a bunch of the core. Quite a few guys from Oklahoma. Depending on who we hired and what that time line looked like, I'd think a bunch of them would likely stick around. JM, Moore, and Hugely can't transfer without sitting out a year or getting a waiver. Uzan and Oweh might leave, but neither is irreplaceable.

I think as of now, two-time transfers do not have to sit out. That’s why Joe Bam and others got to start playing in mid-Dec as part of the latest round of lawsuits. I believe the issue will be revisited in the offseason but the trend seems to suggest they won’t need to sit. The NCAA president even came out this week and said he isn’t in favor of additional restrictions. I think they see the writing on the wall with all the lawsuits that have been filed.

unlimited transfers and NIL is not sustainable if you want quality coaches to stay in college sports. and i have to give kelvin a lot of credit for being able to thrive in this new world for coaches at his age.

The next day: I'm still gutted. I could not be more proud of the effort and grit displayed by our team last night. Aggravates me that we expend it against #1 while it appears we sleep walk against lesser competition. Bottle up what we put on the floor last night and we don't get trounced by UT. We don't blow the lead against Tech. We actually arrive in Orlando.

Oh well. Hell of a game.

Back