#21 OU @ #12 Baylor 8pm CST on ESPN2

More like, he needs to be ready for a backup plan and make sure we get that buyout money.
If he's going to leave, getting the buyout money is probably less important than moving quickly to hire a quality replacement who can interface with any NIL sponsors. With the transfer portal you have to be ready to pounce. Sure, you want the buyout money, but if you need to cut a deal to make it happen fast, then do it. You can't have it drag out forever.

At one point in this season, we played good defense. That appears to be long gone. Add a stale offense with poor ball movement and a lot of one on one crap, it’s a recipe for disaster.

What is Mosers system? I guess I thought the offense would at least be more efficient and less one guy trying to dribble past 4 defenders. The most disappointing thing for me tho, is defense. I really thought, if nothing else, we could hang our hat on playing tough defense.

The LOL is because you think it’s just based on one game.
3 of the last 5 games we played really good defense

3 of the last 5 games we played really good defense
In 6 of our 12 conference games, the defense was poor and completely fell apart at times. That’s not a good ratio. You can cherry pick all you want. Our defense has been poor far too often.

In 6 of our 12 conference games, the defense was poor and completely fell apart at times. That’s not a good ratio. You can cherry pick all you want. Our defense has been poor far too often.
that wasn't what you said though. You said all of a sudden our good defense is gone. That isn't true unless you are literally just talking about our last game

that wasn't what you said though. You said all of a sudden our good defense is gone. That isn't true unless you are literally just talking about our last game
No, what he said was that at one point in the season, we played good D, but that is long gone. Then he pointed out that we have played poor defense in 6 of our 12 league games. Whether you agree or disagree with him, his point is perfectly logical -- we started the season playing consistently good D, but we no longer do.

No, what he said was that at one point in the season, we played good D, but that is long gone. Then he pointed out that we have played poor defense in 6 of our 12 league games. Whether you agree or disagree with him, his point is perfectly logical -- we started the season playing consistently good D, but we no longer do.
you are combining posts. This isn't hard guys. This is what he said "At one point in this season, we played good defense. That appears to be long gone."
That statement is just really really false unless you only look at the last game.

It seems like people forget how good this conference is. You aren't going to play great every single game. We are a good defensive team. A couple bad games in this conference doesn't change that.

you are combining posts. This isn't hard guys. This is what he said "At one point in this season, we played good defense. That appears to be long gone."
That statement is just really really false unless you only look at the last game.

It seems like people forget how good this conference is. You aren't going to play great every single game. We are a good defensive team. A couple bad games in this conference doesn't change that.
How about 6 bad games out of 12? And the thing almost every announcer and coach mentions is that once league play starts, it's offense that gets tougher to play at a high level because teams know each other so well and the scouting reports are so good that defenses have an advantage. Most teams average a lot fewer points in league play than in the noncon, so you really wouldn't expect to be having bad defensive nights half the time.

How about 6 bad games out of 12? And the thing almost every announcer and coach mentions is that once league play starts, it's offense that gets tougher to play at a high level because teams know each other so well and the scouting reports are so good that defenses have an advantage. Most teams average a lot fewer points in league play than in the noncon, so you really wouldn't expect to be having bad defensive nights half the time.
LOL ok.
You really have unrealistic expectations. I really don't think you watch any other games.
Did you know we are essentially on part with Kansas defensively in conference?
I guess their coaching is **** as well.

Man I would hope the team isn't that fragile. We have had remarkably good injury luck under Moser. If we can't overcome one, maybe two injuries and get the two more wins we need, that shows how far away we are from being on solid footing. Soares has been playing very well, but Hugley has been a role player and not exactly lighting the world on fire. Lots of teams deal with injuries. If Soares is out, one would hope that at least one of the three guards who start in front of him could raise their game to a Big 12 level.

BTW, I don't disagree with your pessimism. I just hope against hope this doesn't become the latest excuse for losing.
Oh it’ll be the excuse for losing and maybe rightfully so. This team’s margin of error is just too small for there to be injuries AND a coach who is looking elsewhere. And I can’t really think of any team in the Big 12 who would still win games if they lost two critical pieces and their coach is looking elsewhere. OU can be successful when everyone is healthy and locked in. And that’s not gonna happen if there’s injuries and if Moser is courting other jobs. It just won’t.

LOL ok.
You really have unrealistic expectations. I really don't think you watch any other games.
Did you know we are essentially on part with Kansas defensively in conference?
I guess their coaching is **** as well.
And any Kansas coach, player, and fan will be quick to admit that they are playing very poorly, especially on the road. They aren't pretending like all is well.

must be poor coaching then right?
If it continues for, say, three years, sure. But seeing as how there is an annual stretch where KU struggles and fans and media bury them, then they get their act together, I’ll put my money on them figuring it out.

Does anyone have the link that you can play with to determine conference standings/conference tourney seeds?

We are giving up close to 80 per game in our losses.

Yes, and we've also been outscored in all of our losses. Thanks for the insight! What a crazy concept that when we lose, our opponents have better numbers.

On the flip side, we've outscored our opponents in all of our wins. We're giving up only 62 per game in our conference wins.

Back