#21 OU vs #6 KU 3pm CST on ESPN

We aren't talking about one player. Or two players. We aren't talking about one team/roster. It's been an ongoing problem in that most of our roster has underperformed expectations under Moser. That's a coaching issue. Not a talent issue.
Totally irrelevant to the conversation at hand

Still missing the point. I'll try one more time, then I'm going to walk away and assume you are either too biased to have an honest discussion about this, or simply not intelligent enough.

Let's say KP ranks OU 50th EVERY season for 10 years. Let's say at the beginning of that 10 seasons, that is good enough basketball for us to be in the top 3-4 of the Big 12 conference most every season. Let's also say by the end of that 10 years that that same level of basketball is only good for 6th, 7th, or maybe 8th in the Big 12 most seasons.

Why did our conference finish get worse with the same play? Because other Big 12 teams improved and passed us by. MY QUESTION, FOR THE ONE MILLIONTH TIME, IS WHY WAS OU NOT ALSO ABLE TO IMPROVE DURING THAT TIME? WHY DID OU HAVE TO STAY THE 50TH BEST TEAM IN THE COUNTRY? WHY COULDN'T OU ALSO IMPROVE LIKE SEVERAL OF THE OTHER BIG 12 TEAMS DID DURING THAT PERIOD? HAD WE IMPROVED, LIKE OUR PEERS, THEN OUR FINISHES IN THE BIG 12 WOULD HAVE REMAINED CONSISTENT.

*I'm 100% not willing to conceded that our play is as strong as it was when we were finishing higher. It's debatable, probably not black and white, but I want to be clear that I'm not conceding that, but for the sake of this argument, I will.
I had walked away until your slight of a comment in the first sentence.

No bias, providing you stats. You CLEARLY have a bias against answers. I have answered your question TWICE as to why there may be a difference in conference play success vs our success. I even agreed with some points of yours.

See below, to any of the following:

-Coaching
-Roster acquisition
-NIL
-Arena
-Basketball Program funding

Your statement was, " MANY in the Big 12 have improved more than OU has over the last 10-15 years." I showed that OU has been one of the most consistent schools of the last 12 years, that is proven by facts. YOU brought that up, I just gave you ranking data to show you that your statement was not correct. (as far as results, many more teams have improved facilities, that is for sure)

If you want to say OU has not kept up with the rest of the Big12 in the last 3 years, I 100% agree. That shows with us being just below the half-way mark of Big12 rankings per KP. If you want to say that fans think our conference has been tougher and has led to a tougher road bc of it, absolutely agree there. Fans, myself included, think the conference has been tougher and there is proof to show that. But you are also correct in that teams like Kansas, Baylor, Texas, and ISU have seemed to risen above the conference.

As far as the reasoning, it depends on what type of pariah you want to be. Do you want to blame Moser? LNC? NIL funding? Fans? Everyone seems to have their poison. I never tried to invalidate you asking the question why? But in a previous post I did say that it is tough to assign blame when the cycle of blame seems to go:

LNC sucks -> Need more fans -> Need to win more games (better coaching) -> Need more NIL for better roster -> Need more $$$ from fan support -> (repeat)

It is a multi-point failure in some aspects, but it's a very chicken-egg argument. Every fan has their opinion as to why we haven't seemed to be keeping up with our Big12 competition the last 3 years. Averaged 7th out of 10.

Yet, you still ignore the totality of it all, so I am done with commenting bc you either can't read or refuse to read full posts.

The simply "not intelligent enough" is not on my side of the argument here.

Back