#19 OU vs Arkansas Crimson & Cardinal Classic 3PM CST on ESPN2

Does anyone know what happened to set the Arkansas coach into his hissy fit? The TV announcers didn't seem to know and since it happened during a tv timeout we couldn't see.

I was listening to the game because I was traveling at the time. The OU guys said he was pretty much on the court all game and during the timeout he went nearly to half court to argue with a ref and they double T'd him.

Does anyone know what happened to set the Arkansas coach into his hissy fit? The TV announcers didn't seem to know and since it happened during a tv timeout we couldn't see.

I'm his dna. Hes just an ass generally

Some national coverage of the win from Field of 68. Porter joins the show at the 34 minute mark on the bus drive back to Norman.

https://www.youtube.com/live/z24Dagj7g04?si=_VrOKj7FfoPJrGZA&t=2045

They make some interesting points about OU catching Iowa, USC, Providence, and Arkansas at the right time, but 3 of those wins were essentially blowouts.

That's a pretty silly argument. Anytime you win you catch someone at the right time. I can get the McCollum being slight in Big 12 play being an argument but I also think the Big 12 as a whole is slightly weaker with the added teams. Still gonna be really tough up top. We haven't had guards this good as backups in a while though.

Some national coverage of the win from Field of 68. Porter joins the show at the 34 minute mark on the bus drive back to Norman.

https://www.youtube.com/live/z24Dagj7g04?si=_VrOKj7FfoPJrGZA&t=2045

They make some interesting points about OU catching Iowa, USC, Providence, and Arkansas at the right time, but 3 of those wins were essentially blowouts.

Not sure what they are talking about catching teams at the right time. Every team we played was full strength except for usc without bronny James who is probably the most overrated player in the country.

Not sure what they are talking about catching teams at the right time. Every team we played was full strength except for usc without bronny James who is probably the most overrated player in the country.

Iowa came in pretty confident scoring 95 per game. I think they lost one game that was fairly close and high scoring coming in. But they were favored to beat OU by 1 point. USC was favored over OU and had everyone playing outside of Bronny. Providence was 7-1 coming in with only a loss to Kansas State in a close game. They had won 4 straight coming in. Arkansas maybe wasn't playing as well but they had just beat Duke right before playing us.

Iowa came in pretty confident scoring 95 per game. I think they lost one game that was fairly close and high scoring coming in. But they were favored to beat OU by 1 point. USC was favored over OU and had everyone playing outside of Bronny. Providence was 7-1 coming in with only a loss to Kansas State in a close game. They had won 4 straight coming in. Arkansas maybe wasn't playing as well but they had just beat Duke right before playing us.

Yessir that’s how I remember it as well. No asterisks next to any of those wins whatsoever.

Godwin is the glue that holds this team together. I dont know if the fans appreciate how good he is.

Recap from the 247 Arky staff - https://247sports.com/college/arkan...klahoma-beats-arkansas-7970-222636718/?page=1

A couple highlights:
STAR OF THE GAME
Oklahoma combo guard Javian McCollum proved to be as tough of an assignment as advertised. The shifty junior was a terror for the Hogs off the dribble and operating in ball screens. His eight-point flurry early in the second half put a screeching halt to Arkansas' run out of the break.

The Razorbacks assigned at least four defenders on him throughout the game, but nobody had sustained success. McCollum finished with a game-high 20 points to go with five boards and four assists.

STAT OF THE GAME
Perhaps the most glaring stat that came out of Saturday's loss for the Razorbacks was a starting lineup that combined for 17 points on 6 of 20 shooting from the field. Both front court starters — Trevon Brazile and Chandler Lawson — went scoreless.

---
and I liked this response from a poster:
CoachG63 said... (original post) Does anybody know what set Muss off?

Getting his **** kicked and no answer for it. Same as Nolan did against Texas and made himself look like an **** when we came back

muss seems like a little Bantu rooster flapping all around whining. Not a good look at all when ur team needs u

Yeah that press conference was surprising. He was more complimentary than I would have thought, seeing his on court persona against us.

Good to see Godwin getting a little recognition. He's probably been the most underrated player in college basketball since he made it to OU. How could anyone wonder why Sam is now a starter in Moser's lineup?

And speaking of Moser, it's fun to see the praise being heaped on him by even the harshest message board critics of the last two seasons.

Even our own fans have been slow to come around on Sam. I've praised him a few times here, and those posts were generally met with complaints about his defense.

Last edited:
Even our own fans have been slow to come around on Sam. I've praised him a few times here, and the responses were generally met with complaints about his defense.

I'm really glad he's with us. :woot:woot

Godwin’s impressive play reflects the work Coach Humphrey has done with him as well. It is great to have another quality big man coach again. Feels like we have been lacking in this area since Lew Hill (RIP) left.

Back