BIG12 Championship OU vs Baylor 6pm CST ESPN

i really don't see how you can feel that way. I'd literally rather have to beat any two other big 12 teams, than have to beat baylor. Just a terrible matchup for us, as seen by the first two games.

Is it impossible for ou to win? Of course not. But it probably requires baylor coasting (which you eluded to, but i don't think it likely), or somebody like gibson going for 30.

Baylor is a top team and a poor matchup. That isn't a great combo for us.

scoreboard

anyone else happy there is basketball on because they can't think about sleep yet .. ?

i am

I raised my hand after reading this :). It has been a long, long, long, time since we have won a Big XII Tournament game as a true underdog. Would I be out of line saying the last time it happened was 2001?

I raised my hand after reading this :). It has been a long, long, long, time since we have won a Big XII Tournament game as a true underdog. Would I be out of line saying the last time it happened was 2001?

that sounds about right

Capel's last team snuck up and bit Baylor in the quarterfinals. 2011. Cade Davis had a night if memory serves. We were rewarded with a pummeling by the burnt orange one night later.

Capel's last team snuck up and bit Baylor in the quarterfinals. 2011. Cade Davis had a night if memory serves. We were rewarded with a pummeling by the burnt orange one night later.

Yup...that was a game we were not expected to win...so that puts us at two underdog wins in 20 years...hopefully #3 will come tomorrow.

45 second half points! Amazing what we can do when we dont turn it over!

How bout Mayer's dunk at the end and he raised the roof? What a clown

I watched a replay of the game on ESPN+ so I could cut out the breaks. I was very impressed with the effort and very excited about our chances to win. Mistakes, yes but games like this are a matter of ebbs and flows in one direction and then another. The only time I thought we let the game get away was the end of the first half. Outstanding effort, suffocating defense and making the plays that had to be made.

Then as I often do I read the game thread and I am not sure I will ever read another. Page after page of abuse of players who were giving their all, even ridicule. Heaps of criticism of the coaches as if they never spent anytime coaching the players. Comment after comment critisizing the players when things didn't go our way but very lite note of the good things that were happening. It was totally depressing.

Then as I often do I read the game thread and I am not sure I will ever read another. Page after page of abuse of players who were giving their all, even ridicule. Heaps of criticism of the coaches as if they never spent anytime coaching the players. Comment after comment critisizing the players when things didn't go our way but very lite note of the good things that were happening. It was totally depressing.

You've described every game thread ever created. I stopped reading them years ago.

I’m Glad someone else noticed that 1. I thought it was pretty darn funny. He plays the heel pretty well. Go head and take the L, biatch!

I saw that and couldn’t figure out what he was doing. I heard some boos and was thinking maybe it was in response to that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I watched a replay of the game on ESPN+ so I could cut out the breaks. I was very impressed with the effort and very excited about our chances to win. Mistakes, yes but games like this are a matter of ebbs and flows in one direction and then another. The only time I thought we let the game get away was the end of the first half. Outstanding effort, suffocating defense and making the plays that had to be made.

Funny. I don’t read that at all. I just read frustrated and nervous fans at the moment when plays happen, and not when they know the outcome of the game yet. I also suspect most of these same fans were too busy cheering at the time to satisfy your positive feedback requirements.

Nah. Don't you know they were just being objective?

I seldom read those games threads or participate in them. However, I did post one time late in the first half. I said I was happy we were winning, but aged 5 years with all the turnovers. Basically, I was just venting, and believe others do that same thing. If you think someone is crossing the line, though, just send me a PM. I will delete the post if it is too far over-the-top. I learned many years ago that players relatives do read these boards. There is a line between "venting" and "disparaging remarks".

I seldom read those games threads or participate in them. However, I did post one time late in the first half. I said I was happy we were winning, but aged 5 years with all the turnovers. Basically, I was just venting, and believe others do that same thing. If you think someone is crossing the line, though, just send me a PM. I will delete the post if it is too far over-the-top. I learned many years ago that players relatives do read these boards. There is a line between "venting" and "disparaging remarks".

game threads really are a different animal .... they kind of like the emotional flow of the game ...

Funny. I don’t read that at all. I just read frustrated and nervous fans at the moment when plays happen, and not when they know the outcome of the game yet. I also suspect most of these same fans were too busy cheering at the time to satisfy your positive feedback requirements.

Hit the nail…

He reached clown status when he decided to pull off the worthless dunk. He hit clown hall of fame status when he raised the roof. :ez-roll:

The 90's called and they want their celebration back.:ez-laugh::ez-laugh:

What a great second half. I didn't get to watch the end of the second half until early this morning. As strange as it sounds (and as late in the season as we are)....I'm hoping that this team has finally found their identity. The TOs still drive us all crazy, but when they play with poise, we've seen that they can play with just about anyone. We may be in or we may not be in at this point.....go ahead and win tonight to remove all doubt.

Back