Blake Griffin is another Joakim Noah >>> The Oklahoman

I don't see them as too similar at all, to be honest. Neither in substance, as Tramel himself says, or in style. They both have great motors, but Griffin is so much more polished on the offensive end and they are different players defensively as well. Noah really disrupts teams from running their offense and is a pest hedging screens and on double teams and defending with people with the ball in their hands while Blake is more of a free safety, anticipating plays from the help side and getting in passing lanes. I really like Noah, though, good player. Better than I thought he would be as a pro.

Last edited:
Anyone who has ever payed attention to Tramel's weak, hastily put together lookalikes, should not be surprised that his comparisons are also pure garbage.

I didnt even read the article, it is rediculous that someone would even think of those two in the same league...

Noah was a big lift for the Bulls this postseason and has a lot of energy and a big time rebounder...but come on, he wasnt even the best player on his own college team..much less the country....

Blake still has to prove he can be a dominant force in the NBA, but if they both were coming out right now there would be no discussion of them being similiar players...and no discussion on who the better player was...

Of course they are similar. They both have 2 arms and 2 legs.

I don't like the comparison simply because I don't care for Noah.

I didnt even read the article, it is rediculous that someone would even think of those two in the same league...

Noah was a big lift for the Bulls this postseason and has a lot of energy and a big time rebounder...but come on, he wasnt even the best player on his own college team..much less the country....

Blake still has to prove he can be a dominant force in the NBA, but if they both were coming out right now there would be no discussion of them being similiar players...and no discussion on who the better player was...

Circulation must be on the downswing. What's funny is he's suppose to be the best writer they have. I think you're right on Blake having to prove he's a dominant force. I think the biggest misconception on Blake is he's just a "Dunk" guy. Yeah, he dunks alot, but its not like he's wide open dunking. He has an array of spin moves that get him to the rim, he can go baseline, and he can dribble drive his man. Blake is one of the few guys that can start from one side of the lane and finish on the other with a dunk. People act like Blake undersized when he really is not. Carl Landry and Chucky Hayes are towered by Blake, and they seemed to be pretty affective against Gasol and Odom. Blake is Closer if not even with Odom's size. Also, offensively, he's much further along than alot of greats. He is more of a finished offensive player right now than Dwight Howard. Now I'm not saying he's as dominant, but he's more skilled. Especially when you look at his passing ability and his ballhandling.

I don't agree with the comparison, but I did get visions of Blake when I saw Noah finish that play.

Joakim Noah = Anderson Varajeo and Andris Biedrins

That's just a horrible comparison for Blake.

He should be fired for such a horrible comparison. I am not even going to read the article, the title alone nearly made me spit water all over my MacBook. There really are some idiots working in sports media out there.

I call bullfeathers on this!

I thought the same thing as I thought of Al Horford. He's about the same size as BG, 6'10" ~250 lbs, and was drafted 3rd overall in 2007, the same year that Noah was drafted 9th. Horford has averaged close to a double-double his first two seasons and performed better than Noah.

Terrible, terrible comparison. I'd say Blake is a mix of Stoudemire, Boozer, and Duncan. Inside scoring of Stoudemire, rebounding ability of Boozer, and...uh, the bank shot of Duncan?

I would compare him to Stodemire, Shawn Kemp (on the court only) and Chris Webber.

Back