Brady Manek to the portal

bacot is the only one remaining so far. brady will get plenty of minutes. i just hope it's at the 4 and isn't forced to play the 5 most of the time if bacot leaves.

Hysterical how many of our fans thought he was garbage while he was here and who also thought he should go to someplace like ORU. Wish he had come back but definitely can’t blame him for wanting a fresh start.

He's a small town boy from Oklahoma, so ORU would not have been a stretch.

Good for him! Hopefully he has a great season. He has talent but was just to hard on himself this year and at times the rest of his career.

Hysterical how many of our fans thought he was garbage while he was here and who also thought he should go to someplace like ORU. Wish he had come back but definitely can’t blame him for wanting a fresh start.

Who thought he was garbage? Come on man, thats insane hyperbole.

Who thought he was garbage? Come on man, thats insane hyperbole.

Are you kidding? He was killed on this board so often. And I’ll admit, I got on him quite a bit for going in the tank when he got off to bad starts in games. But it is in no was hyperbole to say that a lot of posters didn’t think much of his game, and certainly would never have expected a blue blood to want him.

Are you kidding? He was killed on this board so often. And I’ll admit, I got on him quite a bit for going in the tank when he got off to bad starts in games. But it is in no was hyperbole to say that a lot of posters didn’t think much of his game, and certainly would never have expected a blue blood to want him.

He's going to a team that was 32-30 over the past two years. I don't think he would have gotten a look from UNC 4-5 years ago when things were humming. But to be fair, I'm surprised he had their attention even now.

You tend to tilt to the extreme at times and perhaps the center is where it's at. A number of posters wanted more out of Brady and that's the norm because people in general want more out of others than they want out of themselves. This is just one of the ambiguities of life. Secondly, Brady's rebounding, consistency from game to game, finishing at the rim and observed pouting were the things which some posters ridiculed and they had the right to point out these weaknesses. His outside shooting was very good and we all recognized that.

Last edited:
He's going to a team that was 32-30 over the past two years. I don't think he would have gotten a look from UNC 4-5 years ago when things were humming. But to be fair, I'm surprised he had their attention even now.

Duke wasn't any good last year either. But that game still gets all the play on ESPN and those 2 teams are always promoted on the big networks. He'll get way more exposure there than he was here sadly. If he's able to be a decent stretch 4 it'll be a good move for him.

Duke wasn't any good last year either. But that game still gets all the play on ESPN and those 2 teams are always promoted on the big networks. He'll get way more exposure there than he was here sadly. If he's able to be a decent stretch 4 it'll be a good move for him.

People don’t understand that Brady wands to play professionally, that means NBA or overseas if he can’t make the NBA. He needed to leave the area, especially since he’s been in OK his whole life. He goes to a blue blood program, will get exposure. If he doesn’t make the NBA, he’ll play in Europe, which means he needs to get used to being away from home.

This is a win win, and I hope he excels.

The experience of leaving Oklahoma might well be good for him, but I don't buy the exposure thing. Every OU game gets televised and in January, we were one of the biggest stories in college hoops. We get plenty of exposure -- just ask Trae, Buddy or Blake. And the pro scout certainly aren't impacted by which game is getting hyped in promos that week. They've seen Brady play plenty -- they know what he can do. Now, if playing under a new coach and with some new teammates helps him improve, fair enough. But it won't be the exposure that made the difference.

People don’t understand that Brady wands to play professionally, that means NBA or overseas if he can’t make the NBA. He needed to leave the area, especially since he’s been in OK his whole life. He goes to a blue blood program, will get exposure. If he doesn’t make the NBA, he’ll play in Europe, which means he needs to get used to being away from home.

This is a win win, and I hope he excels.

Yep he may be able to get a better contract in Europe even if he doesn't make the NBA which is pretty likely. I don't think he's athletic enough for the NBA.

The experience of leaving Oklahoma might well be good for him, but I don't buy the exposure thing. Every OU game gets televised and in January, we were one of the biggest stories in college hoops. We get plenty of exposure -- just ask Trae, Buddy or Blake. And the pro scout certainly aren't impacted by which game is getting hyped in promos that week. They've seen Brady play plenty -- they know what he can do. Now, if playing under a new coach and with some new teammates helps him improve, fair enough. But it won't be the exposure that made the difference.

Yea the exposure argument is so overblown. NBA teams send scouts and executives to every corner of the world to find players, so to suggest someone who has played four years in the best conference in the country, for a team that has spent a decent portion of that time ranked, needs additional exposure is silly. The move may help Brady because sometimes a change in scenery and a change in roles helps, but exposure won’t have anything to do with it.

Yep, he got plenty of exposure at OU. Exposure wasn't the issue.

Yep he may be able to get a better contract in Europe even if he doesn't make the NBA which is pretty likely. I don't think he's athletic enough for the NBA.

Disagree. Guys like Bertans, McDermott, etc. play in the NBA. He just needs to polish up his shooting and footwork and he can become a 2nd round pick.

Can we change the title of the thread OP bc the news is reporting that manek committed to unc. Thanks

Back