Brady Manek to the portal

I’m just a little cynical about the “do what’s best for you” thing. A lot of these kids are playing for multiple high school teams AND multiple college teams. Essentially basketball mercenaries from the time they are 14-15 years old. I’m skeptical of who that is really “good for” and who might be leading them to those decisions.

I agree. I'm just fairly libertarian in regards to letting people dig their own graves. I obviously would prefer no graves be dug, but I'd rather dig my own than have somebody else dig it for me.

I agree. I'm just fairly libertarian in regards to letting people dig their own graves. I obviously would prefer no graves be dug, but I'd rather dig my own than have somebody else dig it for me.

I still think the portal is the best way to correct mistakes... Players can move up and down. A player who didn't get noticed out of high school, playing low level, can jump up a level... Players who go to major programs but aren't good enough to play, can go down a level. A transfer like that benefits the Colorado States of the world just as much as the OU's of the world.

It basically opens up a new recruiting window... It's good for the programs, good for the players, etc... We will just have to get used to it being hectic this time of year with players in the portal.

I am confident OU comes out really well. And I think a lot of programs will fill out their rosters in a way that is better for them, and for the players involved as well.

Last edited:
Probably better for him and the program. Didn’t look like he had much fun playing this past year.

Great point. Starting with the Texas Tech game in Norman, he looked miserable. He just wasn't able to do what Lon wanted on the defensive end, and I think it really worked on him. Would not shock me to see him go to ORU and play beside Abmas and Obanor and score a ton of points. Or to North Texas and do the same.

Actually, in several post-game interviews this season, I noted how animated and even excited Brady was. I don't have any inside info whatsoever, but he seemed really engaged (at least at times) to me.

Great point. Starting with the Texas Tech game in Norman, he looked miserable. He just wasn't able to do what Lon wanted on the defensive end, and I think it really worked on him. Would not shock me to see him go to ORU and play beside Abmas and Obanor and score a ton of points. Or to North Texas and do the same.

Lol. No chance that happens. His brother transferred from ORU and current coach. Info I received (a few days old) is that if he leaves for another school it will be to either Illinois, Virginia, North Carolina or Xavier. Was offered by multiple Big East and Power 5 schools including multiple Big 12 schools (some that OU fans absolutely hate). Same source has said he believes he will probably turn pro. Either way I wish him the best. Best of luck to him.

Lol. No chance that happens. His brother transferred from ORU and current coach. Info I received (a few days old) is that if he leaves for another school it will be to either Illinois, Virginia, North Carolina or Xavier. Was offered by multiple Big East and Power 5 schools including multiple Big 12 schools (some that OU fans absolutely hate). Same source has said he believes he will probably turn pro. Either way I wish him the best. Best of luck to him.

lol, he wouldn't play at NC. That list is silly. Either you got bad intelligence or some schools are looking for somebody to fill that 10th spot on the bench.

lol, he wouldn't play at NC. That list is silly. Either you got bad intelligence or some schools are looking for somebody to fill that 10th spot on the bench.

WT you’re wrong here. He’s highly wanted by a lot.

He could be a great piece for a deep tourney team if that team has the right pieces around him. We were very guard heavy and didn't have the type of forwards that can take pressure off Brady defensively. He's a shot maker and has been since day one at OU.

I hope Brady returns, but if he has a chance to play at UNC, I can’t fault him for taking it.

Yeah it’s crazy that people are suggesting that he will/should transfer to ORU. Guy has his faults as a player, but four-year starters for a four-year tourney team in the best conference in America don’t transfer in order to go to a low major.

Manek offered by UNC today.

He needs to take this offer. Many fans here don’t appreciate him so he should prove his haters wrong at one of the bluest bloods there is. We can take the guy from creighton and Krutwig.

He needs to take this offer. Many fans here don’t appreciate him so he should prove his haters wrong at one of the bluest bloods there is. We can take the guy from creighton and Krutwig.

He should take it absolutely

I appreciate Brady very much. Just a little disappointed where he topped out here. But I'm sure many can say the same about me

He should take it absolutely

I appreciate Brady very much. Just a little disappointed where he topped out here. But I'm sure many can say the same about me

I defend a lot of Ou players. None more than Brady. Dude had a separated lung and COVID.

Kid battled.

It’s unfortunate fans treat him like nick Thompson.

Back